Saturday, June 27, 2015

Unboxing! BirchBox June 2015: Say Yes!

What it is: BirchBox 
Where to get it: Birchbox.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Review your products monthly to earn BirchBox points. Every 100 points earns $10 to use at BirchBox. If you refer a friend and they sign up, you get 50 points. You can stock pile up to 500 points at once. I've yet to do that though!


Birchbox June 2015: Say Yes!

Unboxing and Review!


I know a lot of people were really upset that they didn't get that eyeliner in their Birchbox this month. I'm kind of over it. I was actually a bit please with my box this month.

Let's take a look:


The Haul!:

1. Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid SPF 15:
Sample Sized at 3ml (Approx. $3.70). Full Sized listed at 40 ml for $49.00

I am a HUGE Caudalie fan and really love their products. So, I'm happy to get this in my box. I just wish the sample wasn't so SO tiny. 






2. Clean Fresh Laundry Eau De Parfum
Sample Sized at 0.03 fl oz (Approx. $1.00). Full Sized listed at 1 oz. for $38.00

I'm not even acknowledging this. I've hit my quotas on perfume samples and they still send them. Enough Birchbox, ENOUGH!!


3. Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water:
Sample Sized at .7 oz (Approx. $2.70). Full Size listed at 8.4 oz for $32.00

This was my sample choice. I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. But, I have heard mix reviews. So, I may trade it. I have to think about it.





4. Klorane Shampoo with Mango Butter:
Sample Sized at 25 ml (Approx. $1.20). Full Sized listed at 400 ml for $19.50

5. Klorane Conditioning Balm With Mango Butter:
Sample Sized at 10 ml (Approx. $1.05). Full Sized listed at 150 ml for $16.00

Both these items smell great. I just wish the samples weren't SO tiny for such expensive items.





6. Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Indigo:
Sample Sized at .8 g (Approx. $7.30). Full Size listed at 1.2 g for $11.00

Although I was hoping for a different color, I think this is a nice replacement for the other eyeliner. And, I'll give it a shot.





7. Bonus Item: L. Erickson Grab & Go Ponytail Holder:
Sample Sized at 1 Holder (Approx $1.20). Full Size Listed at $18.00 for 15 holders

Although the pony tail holder is cute and I can always use extra- there is NO way in hell I would pay close to $20.00 for a pack of 15...

 
The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $18.15
 Box Score: 7/10

Final Thoughts: Although the price point really isn't there for this box, I did like the items. So it's not a terrible loss.

What did you think of the June 2015 Birchbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment