Saturday, June 27, 2015

Unboxing! Sample Society June 2015: A Day at the Beach! The Final Box!

What it is: Allure Sample Society Beauty Box
Where to get it: Currently unavailable!
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: General skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Often includes a full sized product and monthly $10 coupon off $50 purchase on BeautyBar.Com
 
Sample Society June 2015: A Day At The Beach

The Final Box!

Unboxing & Review! 

As many of you may know, this is the final Allure Sample Society Box being sent out through BeautyBar.com. And, with the lack of creativity and great products since January- I don't think this could have come a month too soon.
 
Let's have a look!
 
 

 
The Haul!
 
1. St. Tropez Self Tan Express:
Sample Sized at 50 ml (Approx. $11.00). Full Sized list at 200 ml for $44.00
 
I never use self tanning products. I turn orange. This is useless to me and I can't fathom why it is part of a beauty box. But, I get the idea that they want to go with the whole beachy thing. It's just not for me.
 
 
2. eSalon Perfect Ending Leave In Conditioner:
Sample Sized at 29 ml (Approx. $2.90). Full Sized listed on eSalon for $15.00 for 150 ml
 
Although I will use this and it smells awesome, I'm a bit peeved that Sample Society put a trumped up price for the product in their booklet.
 
 


3. E.L.F Studio Small Stipple Brush:
Full Sized! Listed at $3.00
 
Although I love getting makeup brushes, I like to try different ones and a typical E.L.F brush that I can pick up a couple blocks from my office just doesn't excite me. But, I am happy to have a new brush to try. So, I'm 50/50 on this.
 
4. Lauren B. Beauty Nail Couture in Polo Lounge Punch:
Full Sized! Listed at $18.00 for .5 fl oz
 
This is probably my favorite item in the box. A full sized nail polish in a really cute color. This is a win!
 
 


5. Completely Bare Wax Strips for Face, Bikini, and Body:
Sample Sized at 4 strips, may worth under $1?? The full set seems nice though with at lot of strips for $12.99
 
This feels like a throw away. I would be hesitant to have so few on hand in case I screw up. 
 
 


6. Cotz Face Sunscreen SPF 40 in Natural Skin Tone:
Sample Sized At .18oz (Approx. $2.40). Full Size listed at 1.5 oz for $19.99
 
Effing Cotz. I am SO sick of these Cotz samples. I can't use them and I seem to get like one a month. Maybe they're on the way out of the beauty box world since they've really been everywhere. That won't be a moment too soon.
 

 The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $38.00
 Box Score: 4/10

Final Thoughts:  I'm really intrigued how Allure is going to handle doing Sample Society from here on out. I was getting more and more disappointed with my sample boxes over the past few months and I could tell that obvious changes were going on. Let's hope for a bright new future with the new incoming sample boxes!

What did you think of Sample Society's June 2015 box?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment