Sunday, January 11, 2015

Unboxing! Birchbox January 2015: Let's Do This!

Oh boy, we are not starting out the New Years too strong. A couple days ago, I posted a very disappointing Sample Society January 2015 New Year, New You Unboxing.

Unfortunately, I am following up with an equally disappointing Birchbox January 2015 Let's Do This Review.

Let's rip this one off like a bandaid:

Birchbox January 2015: Let's Do This Unboxing and Review!

I want to address something quickly. Although my second December 2014 Birchbox was amazing, I was originally sent an extremely sub-par box. Even with my follow up box, I still received a broken item that Birchbox has yet to replace. So, they're pushing the envelope with me and I'm not going to be a happy camper for this review.

If you don't feel like reading, I did upload a Vlog of this unboxing as well as my 2nd Angel Room Service Box review that you can check out here shortly



Upon Opening:



The Haul:

1. Coola Tinted Matte Spf 30:
Sample Sized at .17 oz (Approx $3.60). Full Sized Listed at 1.7 oz for $36

Ugh. I am SO sick of Coola. Besides the fact that I just don't like their product and have had them shoved down my throat over a lot of 2014- these samples are notorious for being more than half empty. What a waste of my money and time. I'm over it.



2. Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion:
Sample Sized at 1.5 oz (Approx $3.50). Full Sized listed at 8 oz for $19.00

This was my sample choice because there wasn't much in regards to sample choices this month. I do actually like this. The bottle is really pretty. The lotion smells like a spa to me. I'm surprised to be so happy with a little bottle of body lotion. But, this is my only win for the box.



3. Harvey Prince Fragrance in Sincerely:
Sample Sized at 1.5 ml (Approx $1.65). Full Sized listed at 50 ml for $55.00

This doesn't even deserve acknowledgement. You all know how I feel about getting free perfume samples in boxes I pay for...



4. Manna Kadar Lip Locked in All of You:
Sample Sized at 0.01 oz (Approx. $.20??). Full Sized listed at 1.2 oz for $24.00

Ummm... seriously... a 20 cent sample? The color is ok. But come one Birchbox. Really?



5. Number 4 Hair Care Non-Aerosol Hairspray:
Sample Sized at 30 ml (Approx $4.50). Full Sized listed at 200 ml for $30.00

Besides the fact that I opted out of hair products from Birchbox- my original box last month had a hairspray in it that I won't use. Annnnnnnd I've already received this sample a couple months ago. Huge fail for me.



The Final Verdict!

Box Value: $13.45

 Box Score: 2/10

Final Thoughts: Considering the fact that this is the lowest value box I have EVER received from any subscription box. I was really underwhelmed with my samples between hairspray, perfume, and a 20 cent lip gloss. Honestly, if not for the point perks- I would seriously be considering canceling Birchbox right now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment