Saturday, June 27, 2015

Unboxing! Glossybox June 2015!

What it is: GlossyBox is a monthly luxury beauty subscription box.
Where to get it: GlossyBox.com
How much is it?: $21.00 + tax monthly
Types of Products: Each box contains 5 luxury deluxe or full sized beauty products.
What are the Perks?!: Write reviews, refer friends, and take surveys to add up GlossyDots. 1000 GlossyDots earns you a free month of GlossyBox!


Glossybox June 2015
Unboxing and Review!



Normally, I am absolutely in love with my Glossybox. Unfortunately, I was a little let down this month. Which I hope to be the first and only time this ever happens. 

Let's take a look!



The Haul!:

1. Nexxus New York Salon Care Color Assure Restoring Conditioner:
Full Sized! Listed at 13.5 fl oz for $16.99

Although it was cool to get the companion to my March Nexxus Shampoo, I think it's kind of weird to get another Nexxus product so similar but two months later. I was kind of meh about that.




2. Orly Nail Lacquer in Pure Porcelain:
Sample Sized at .18 fl oz (Approx. $2.55). Full Sized listed at .6 fl oz for $8.50

This is incredibly disappointing! Not only do I extremely dislike the color- Glossybox prides themselves on providing a number of full sized luxury items and deluxe sample sizes of luxury items. Why am I getting a sample size of a generally mid range product? Not cool.


3. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara:
Sample Sized at .17 oz (Approx $14.50). Full Size listed at .27 oz for $23.00

I am not a huge fan of this mascara's brush and formula. Plus I just got a very exciting new mascara. This just doesn't do it for me. I would have loved to get anything else from Too Faced but this!





4. Etre Belle Cosmetics Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturizing Gel:
Full Sized! Listed at 1.36 fl oz for $24.95

I don't know- this reminds me of the Aloe stuff you buy at Duane Reade you use after you get a sunburn. It seems essentially the same- just with a heftier price tag. I would use it. But, never buy it.




5. City Cosmetics City Lips in Clear:
Full Sized! Listed at $35.00 for .17 fl oz

This is probably the only item I actually liked in my Glossybox this month. I always like to try new lip plumpers. So, this is the only win.





The Final Verdict!
Box Value: $94.00!
 Box Score: 3/10

Final Thoughts: I was very disappointed with my Glossybox this month. Which, is totally never the case for me. I am pissed at the tiny nail polish and the over priced aloe. But, meh- what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment