Sunday, November 15, 2015

Unboxing! Birchbox November 2015: Feeling Fancy!

What it is: BirchBox
Where to get it: Birchbox.com  
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax  
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up
What are the Perks?!: Review your products monthly to earn BirchBox points. Every 100 points earns $10 to use at BirchBox. If you refer a friend and they sign up, you get 50 points. You can stock pile up to 500 points at once. I've yet to do that though! 

Birchbox November 2015: Feeling Fancy

Unboxing and Review!


On top of getting another pretty box, Birchbox has finally been ON POINT with sending me items I actually want to try out! Check it out:



The Haul!

1. Darphin Paris Intral Redness Relief Soothing Serum:
Sample Sized at 2 ml (Approx. $5.00). Full size listed at 30 ml for $88.00

Just in time for my face to go on the fritz moving into winter- I definitely need this! Although the sample size is a bit small- I hope there's enough of it for me to actually decide if I want to buy it. We shall see! But, I'm excited to give it a try.






2. LOC by Tati Vibrant Matte Lipstick in First Kiss:
Full Sized! Listed at .6 g for $8.00.

This was my sample choice. I LOVE the color and I'm actually really excited to try this out. Woo! A win! It swatched super smooth and has a nice, light vanilla scent.





3. Obliphica Professional Seaberry Hair Serum for Fine to Medium Hair:
Sample sized at 15 ml (Approx. $8.75). Full sized listed at 65 ml for $38.00.

Yay! Another hit with Birchbox actually paying attention to my beauty profile. I was a little worried at first that this was another Seaberry item like last month's Supergoop Hand Cream that smelled like old tea to me. But this actually smells great. Going into the winter, I'll probably need some hair oil for frizzies- so I'll hold on to this.





4. Parlor by Jeff Chastain Flexible Hold Hairspray:
Sample sized at .9 oz. (Approx. $3.50). Full size listed at 6.2 oz. for $24.00.

Really, the only loss for me. There has got to be a way to opt out of getting hair spray from these boxes. There has GOT to be a way! I get so much and I never use any of it (except for on Halloween). Meh.





5. Temple Spa La La Lagoon Aromatic Bath & Shower Gel:
Sample sized at .84 fl. oz. (Approx. $3.00). Full sized listed at 5 fl. oz. for $18.00.

I'm not going to say I'm truly excited about this item. But, it will be useful the next time Josh runs out of shower gel and forgets to tell me for a week and starts using my bubble bath!






The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $28.00
 Box Score: 8/10

Final Thoughts: I've been very impressed with how much Birchbox has actually been paying attention to my beauty profile and providing items that I actually want. With the exception of the hair spray (please, God, no more hair spray!), I do like most of the items and I'm excited to try them out.

How was your Birchbox this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment