Saturday, November 15, 2014

Birchbox November 2014: Giving (RED) Unboxing!

What it is: BirchBox 
Where to get it: Birchbox.com
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Review your products monthly to earn BirchBox points. Every 100 points earns $10 to use at BirchBox. If you refer a friend and they sign up, you get 50 points. You can stock pile up to 500 points at once. I've yet to do that though!




BirchBox November 2014: Giving (RED) Unboxing and Review!



It's Birch Box for the win this month! Seriously, after the last two boxes I reviewed, I was getting really worried that I would have to abandon all hope of blogging and buying up my subscription boxes! I was so utterly disappointed. As opposed to my fiasco of a Birch Box in October, Birch Box really stepped up their game this month. Though, I could be totally biased compared to the other subscriptions I've already gotten this month.

BirchBox is offering to donate $1 every time a photo of their (RED) box with #shaRED tagged to help raise money and awareness to fight AIDS across the globe. Here's mine- feel free to steal it to share some good karma!:



Upon Opening:

I'm not gonna lie, with preconceived notions from the hell that unboxings have been so hard this month and the let down of October's Birch Box, this looked like a disaster at first. And, I was VERY worried!



As usual, the Menu was included, this time with a holiday gift guide:

 



1. Amika Nourishing Hair Masks:
Full Sized Listed on the BirchBox website: $40 for 50ml jar
Sample Sized At 20ml

Now THIS is some hair product I can get down with. Everyone's hair needs a little pampering sometimes. And I think going into the winter weather, I'm going to have to use a few hair masks. In addition, being that I have rather fine hair, a little mask goes a long way- so I'm satisfied with the size of the mask sample. I will be able to get a few uses out of it. May be an issue for others with thick or curly hair. But, I'm content with my little some



2. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain in Heartthrob:
Full Sized Listed on the BirchBox website: $20 for .17 oz tube
Sample Sized at .079 oz

Birch Box, I gotta say- give up on the tiny lip glosses. I have too, too many. Give me a balm. Give me a tiny eyeliner. Send a cookie. I don't care. These one/two time lip gloss tubes drive me nuts. I lose them before I can even form an opinion on the product. That being said, I have been extremely happy with the Cynthia Rowley beauty line and I'm glad it's getting promoted a little more. I swear, their black eyeliner pencil give's Urban Decay's Perversion a run for it's money. So, to err on the side of being optimistic, I'm not gonna hate on the mini red lip gloss too much




3. Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion in Relaxing Sea Fennel:
Full Sized Listed on the BirchBox website: $15 for 8 oz.
Sample Sized at 1.35 ml

First things first, I had to google "Sea Fennel." This is something that apparently exists and looks like this. I know I've been ornery about getting so much hand and body lotion in all my sub boxes. But, to be fair, I like the fact that unlike many of the other promoted lotions, this one is relatively in expensive. And, if I were looking for a new body lotion, it is a nice sized sample. I'm kind of "meh" about the scent- it's the pro-typical "spa" cucumbery scent. I'll probably actually end up using this one instead most that I try to resell.



4. Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask:
Full Sized Listed on the BirchBox website: $58 for 6 tubes of .33 oz each
Sample Sized at 1 .33 oz tube

This was the sample I opted in for. The reason being that I haven't received many masks in my subscription boxes. I only receive gritty feeling exfoliants - which apparently drives me into a fit of rage (if you've seen my Ipsy post this month). Regardless of the completely ridiculous name, I'm excited to try this little guy. 



5. theBalm Cosmetics Cindy-Lou Manizer Highlighter:
Full Sized Listed on the BirchBox website: $24 for 8.5 g
Sample Sized at .57 g

THIS is the reason I sign up for subscription boxes. New and interesting products that I don't think I would normally try. Honestly, at first I literally said "What the hell is this?" to myself when I saw the little pack with the mugshot on front. Then I couldn't figure out how to open the thing. Then, I realized it was like a little matchbook and closes with a magnet. And inside was a nice, light highlighter. I love highlighters. I am totally oblivious (see what I did there) when it comes to using highlighters. And, I'm pretty sure I look like a fool when I use them. But, I love 'em. And you know, the theme/design is a little cheesy. But, I'm impressed that so much work went into promote a sample. This is marketing done right! It makes you laugh, you remember the product, and you can tell effort went into putting this together. It's really cute.




6. Bonus Item! Dang Toasted Coconut Chips:
Full Sized Listed on the BirchBox website: $18 for 6 pack of 40g bags
Sample Sized at 20g


OOOOOOHHHH I love bonus stuff! Yay Birch Box for the bonus! And, oh my god. Coconut Chips. As you may have read my Escape Monthly September 2014: Puerto Rico box review , I'm just a little obsessed with coconut anything. I had another little issue with this product as I thought it was called "dong" at first... but hey... we'll leave that potential Freudian Slip be. This was such an awesome little surprise though. And they were DELICIOUS. I'm actually kind of angry at Birch Box for not signing me up for a life time supply- I inhaled these chips. If you really love coconut, you'll love these. If you hate coconut, feel free to message me and I'll take the sample off your hands!



I'm so happy that Birch Box redeemed themselves this month! I'm so glad Birchbox saved my unboxing month that was quickly going down the tubes.

This month, I am going to give Birchbox November 2014: Giving (RED) box at solid 8/10.

Although I'm getting sick of the tiny lip colors and body lotions, the quality of the products I received was on the up and up. There were new, fun items to try that gave me a few chuckles, and the bonus snack was awesome! Two thumbs up!






No comments:

Post a Comment