Saturday, June 27, 2015

Unboxing! Ipsy June 2015: Swim into Beauty!

What it is: Ipsy Glam Bag
Where to get it: Ipsy.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: By reviewing items and sharing Ipsy info on Facebook, rack up Ipsy points to redeem for free beauty products.


Ipsy June 2015: Swim Into Beauty

Unboxing and Review!


So, I wasn't crazy excited about my June Ipsy Bag. However, I have been holding out on posting my review because of a HUGE issue I had with my bag this month. First, I'm not a terrible complainer about the smells of Ipsy's actual make up bags. I know they're cheap and mass produced and will sometimes smell chemically or plasticy. However, this month when I received my bag the envelope looked like it had been open and resealed.
 
Upon opening the bag, my room was completely overwhelmed with a STRONG odor of a combination of rotting fish and paint thinner. It was truly awful. I took out all the items and set them aside separately from each other for a number of days (maybe 3 or 4- I don't remember). And everything still stank!
 
I definitely didn't want to use any of these products that stunk but I also didn't see anyone complaining on any forums that their bag had an overwhelming smell. I figured something may have gotten into the envelope and contaminated everything during shipping. 
 
So, I contacted Ipsycare. May I mention- early on a Sunday morning. They got back to me in MINUTES and were sending me out a new bag. Yay! I am assuming I am going to get the same items. So, here's what I got:
 
 
I think the bag is an okay design. But, I probably won't use it much.
 
The Haul!

1. J Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain in Blow Your Mind:
Full Size! Listed at $5.99 for .42 oz.
 
So, I actually did try this and I was really disappointed that it looked completely awful on me. Think lady in the Blackhole Sun video. So, I was kind of disappointed that not only have I used it so I can't trade or sell it. It's also so minty fresh I wish it looked nice! Bummer.
 

 


2.  Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer:
Sample Sized at .25 fl oz (Approx. $9.00). Full Sized listed at 1 fl oz for $36.00
 
I'm a little irritated that I just cashed in my Ipsy points for a different Smashbox primer. But, I will totally use this. And I definitely prefer this to the Too Faced Melted that was the other option. Ok!
 
 


3. BeFine Cucumber Facial Mask:
Sample Sized at 1 oz. (Approx. $6.25). Full Size listed at 4 oz for $25.00
 
OMG. I have used this mask before and absolutely LOVE it. I cannot wait to use it once I get my replacement bag!
 
 
4. Aurora Intensive Eyeliner Pen in Blackberry:
 Full Sized! Listed at 1 ml for $7.99
 
I think this is kind of cool. It's like an eye marker. Interesting. 
 
 


5. Tre'stique Mini Shadow Crayon in Kona Coffee:
 Sample Sized at .2 oz (Approx $5??) Full Size is not listed anywhere
 
This was the one item I didn't really like off the bat. The color does absolutely nothing for me. Bah!
 
 
The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $35.00
 Box Score: 8/10

Final Thoughts: I really feel like Ipsy is back on the upswing for me now. And, I can't express how amazed I was at the awesome customer service that I received with my bag. Good job Ipsy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment