Friday, September 4, 2015

Unboxing! Starlook's Looks Book August 2015: Resort Edition!

What it is: Starlook's is an online cosmetics company that releases a new Starbox of makeup every month.
Where to get it: starbox.starlooks.com
How much is it?: $12.00 monthly
Types of Products: High end, cruelty free cosmetics
What are the Perks?!: Starlooks.com just recently rolled out a points program where every $ spent on the site equals 1 point used towards discounts on their site as well as a referral points!

 
Starlook's Looks Book August 2015: Resort Edition

Unboxing And Review!
 
 
So, apparently I was totally confused and Starlook's has completely done away with their classic, Legacy box that I have had for the past year. So sad! In exchange for that, they have rolled out their Looks Book for $12.00 instead.
 
The August 2015 Resort Edition Looks Books is their first one and I'm honestly really impressed!
 
In case you aren't familiar with this subscription, Starlooks has 2 subscription boxes- the custom box and now the Looks Book (both $12.00 each). Each Looks Book includes 3 brand new, limited edition, perfect sized Starlooks cosmetics in an adorable little carrying case. The case is awesome to pop in your bag and I feel like if you're not feeling one month- they would make awesome gifts!
 
In addition, like the Custom box, the Looks Book also contains discount gift cards for various websites including Starlooks!
 
Let's Take A Look!
 

 


OMG! How Cute!
 
 


Every Looks Book also comes with a nice little Tips Booklet:
 
 


 
The Haul!
 
1. Satin-finish Water Eyeshadow in Aqua:
2.5 g.
 
I absolutely LOVE this shadow stick. The color is a gorgeous Aqua (duh), super shimmery, and easy to layer. It stays on and is SO much fun! This is a great start!
 
 


 
2. Highlight/Blush Duo in Tropic and Ritz:
1.6 g.
 
I fell SO in love with Starlook's July 2015 Custom Highlighter and Blush that I am SO excited to try these. I already swatched them and they look amazing. Highlighters have been my thing this year so I'm hoarding them. The gold and peach tones are so amazingly complimentary to each other. I am in love already!





2. Gloss-finish Lipstick in Jet Set:
1 g.
 
So, I don't really know if I can pull this color off. But, I really like it. It's a light coral/peach that goes on quite delicately. I definitely want to try this one out.
 
 
 
4. Gift Cards:

I'm not sure if I will be able to choose my gift cards in the future like the custom box. But, I received 3 gift cards:

1. Versa Swimwear for $50!
2. The Laboratory (amount not listed)
3. Torrain for $15!
 
 

The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Being that these are new, limited edition, curated items for the Look Book, it's really hard to put a value on the box on the whole. The 3 "perfect sized" items are nicely sized and a nice combination and the gift cards are a nice addition.

 Box Score: 10/10

Final Thoughts: Although I was disappointed to see the classic Legacy Starbox go, I am REALLY REALLY excited for the future of the Starlook's Look Book. I honestly adore this concept and am looking forward to future themes. As usual, these are some amazing quality products. I really like and will probably use all 3 items. The actual "book"/ travel case is completely adorable and functional to keep everything organized. The price is great at $12 and the gift cards are kind of awesome! This is an AWESOME start to the Looks Book and I cannot wait until September. This is SUCH a win!
 
 How are you feeling about this Starbox change up?

No comments:

Post a Comment