Monday, May 18, 2015

Unboxing! Birchbox May 2015: Cupcakes and Cashmere

What it is: BirchBox 
Where to get it: Birchbox.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Review your products monthly to earn BirchBox points. Every 100 points earns $10 to use at BirchBox. If you refer a friend and they sign up, you get 50 points. You can stock pile up to 500 points at once. I've yet to do that though!

Birchbox May 2015: Cupcakes and Cashmere

Unboxing and Review!

Birchbox has been batting a pretty cruel low number for me this year. Between the Harvey Prince and Number 4 Haircare over load, I just haven't been happy with my Birchboxes. I've even called to customer service to try to work on my profile (which was suprisingly NO help at all). I also didn't get my sample choice... I think it may be time to cut the cord here. I was saving up my points for a bag. But, they don't have the bag I wanted available anymore. So, c'est la vie. We'll see how a couple more months go. At least until I save up enough points for some Glamglow. Let's have a look!

Upon Opening:

The Haul:
1. Aruba Aloe Luxe Foot Creme:
Sample Sized at 1 oz. (Approx. $9.00). Full Sized listed at 2 oz for $18.00

So this is ok. It smells nice. But it's a little expensive for a foot cream. At least it's a decent size. 



2. Benefit Lollibalm:
Sample Sized at 1.4 g (Approx $8.40). Full Sized listed at 3 g for $18.00

Being the only thing in the box, I have to say, I really love benefit's Lollibalm. It smells awesome and feels amazing. So, this is a win.







3. Cotz Flawless Complexion Spf 50:
Sample Sized at .18 oz (Approx. $1.40). Full Size listed at 2.5 oz for $20.00

What a waste. I'm so sick of Cotz. I'm over it. 





4. Harvey Prince Sea Salt Texturizing Mist:
Sample Sized at 8 ml (Approx $1.00). Full Size listed 175 ml for $22.00

Holy Shit. Of all things I get instead of my sample choice (the macadamia hair oil), I get fucking Harvey Prince. This doesn't even deserve a comment. 




5. Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume:
Sample Sized at 2 ml (Approx $3.60). Full Size listed at 50 ml for $90.00

Send me another perfume sample Birchbox. I dare you...





The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $23.00
 Box Score: 1/10

Final Thoughts: I'm starting to check out of Birchbox. I didn't get my sample choice. A low box value. More Harvey Prince. And, yet another perfume- which I have opted out of getting!! Oh, and more Cotz.
At this point I'm thinking- are the points even worth the clutter and piles of stuff I don't want? You get one more month Birchbox.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your review...too bad you didn't enjoyed your box!! Maybe next month!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete