Monday, May 11, 2015

Unboxing! Sample Society May 2015: New & Improved

What it is: Allure Sample Society Beauty Box
Where to get it: BeautyBar.com
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: General skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Often includes a full sized product and monthly $10 coupon off $50 purchase on BeautyBar.Com
 
Sample Society May 2015: New & Improved 
 
Unboxing & Review!

So, I know I've kind of been MIA the past few weeks. Besides the fact that I'm now in the seasons of my real life job, I'm going to be honest- I just haven't been feeling it lately when it comes to my beauty boxes. I was so underwhelmed with every box I received in April, I couldn't even bring myself to write pages of page of negative reviews. 

I guess I was of the mindset that if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. I was full aware of the whole Ipsy drama and I'm actually pretty peeved at Starlooks right now. But, it was all so blah and I didn't want to litter my blog with terribleness.

But, things seem to be looking up for May! Let's hop right into my first box- Sample Society's May 2015: New and Improved!


Upon Opening:



The Haul!:

1. John Frieda Luxurious Volume  7 Day Volume In Shower Treatment:
Sample Sized at 1 fl oz (Approx $2.50). Full Sized listed at 4 fl oz for $9.99
 
 Although my hair and John Frieda products don't normally get along, I dig this type of product and am interesting in giving it a try. 


2. Julep Lip Gloss in Graceful:
Sample Sized at 0.1 fl oz (Approx $8.00). Full Sized listed at .25 fl oz for $20.00

So, I'm generally not a huge fan of Julep products. I did try their box for a while and was not really impressed. Although I think the color is pretty- I feel this is really over priced for a gloss. It's not just my thing and I wouldn't spend $20 on it. But, it isn't terrible either. I'll sit on this one a while to see how I feel about it.



3.Versace Eros Pour Femme:
Sample Sized at .17 fl oz (Approx $9.20) Full Sized listed at 1.7 fl oz for $92.00

See!! See beauty box world!! THIS is how you do perfume samples. I may be a bit partial to the Versace scents. But, this little sample is absolutely gorgeous and can have many uses. A win!!





4. Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water:
Sample Sized at 50 ml (Approx. $4.16). Full Sized listed at 150 ml for $12.50

5. Leneige Water Sleeping Mask:
Sample Sized at 20 ml (Approx $5.75). Full Sized listed at 80 ml for $23.00

I received both these products in past beauty boxes. The spring water mist didn't really appeal to me and I gave it to my mother. But, I did get the leneige water sleeping mask in my Target Beauty Box for Her in December and I absolutely love it! So a win and a loss in one




6. Alterna Caviar Repair Multi-Vitamin Heat Protection Spray:
Sample Sized at .85 fl oz (Approx. $6.07). Full Size listed at 4.2 fl oz for $30.00

This is probably my most favorite item in the box. I'm really interested in trying it out. I do so much damage with my heat products that I really need something to help it out. Fingers crossed it works well!


 
 The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $35.00
 Box Score: 7/10

Final Thoughts:  Although the retail box value isn't really as high as Sample Society's boxes normally are- I do like a lot of the items I got even though some were repeats!

What did you think of Sample Society's May 2015 box?

No comments:

Post a Comment