Monday, December 15, 2014

Random Unboxing! Target Beauty Box for Her!

At the beginning of December, I posted some links to snatch up this season's Target Beauty Boxes. The boxes were amazing deals and sold out within a blink of an eye!

Last week, I received my first Target Beauty Box- The Naturals Box and gave it some RAVE reviews. I mean, you really can't lose for $5.00.

Today, I FINALLY received my Target Beauty Box for Her and wanted to share my unboxing and review with you!

This Beauty Box was listed at being valued at $50 for only $10 with Free Shipping!

Target December 2014 Beauty Box for Her 
Unboxing and Review!

I would like to start with the same disclaimer that I used for my last review, a $50 gift box from a big box store like Target seems a little suspect to me. But, I want to reiterate, that I was completely floored by this box. The packaging is high quality, sturdy, and very nicely decorated. 

The box is heavy and looks and feels very full. Honestly, I am still kicking myself for not buying more of these because they really do make great gifts.

TheBox:

Slightly larger than the Naturals Box from last week!


Upon Opening:
















The Haul!

1. Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black:
Sample Sized at .8g (Approx $8). Full Size listed at 1.2 g for $12

I'm still forming my opinion on Pixi. I feel like everything that I have received from them from various subscription boxes has been pretty good stuff. Yet, there's something there. An almost nostalgic, infantilizing feel about the company's marketing and products. It's a weird dichotomy I have. Like, I want to get on board. But, for some reason I can't. I think what I need to do is have the opportunity to really try their products outside of the normal subscription box and try items I would pick to enjoy.

And, I'm actually really happy that this liner was included in the Target Box. Some women won't leave the house without lipstick on. Or mascara. Or a spritz of their perfume. My 110% beauty need that I don't think I've left the house without wearing in over 15 years is black eyeliner. Black eyeliner is my litmus test. And if your company can't master the fine art of black eyeliner, I can't hang.

And this liner is FABULOUS. Seriously. It's like a gel pencil. It's supposedly waterproof and pretty natural. It has a nice, even smooth feel, goes on softly. But, still manages to stay fairly intense after I tried to rub off the swatch. For $12 a stick full sized? Pixi, you officially have my attention now...



2. Revlon HD Lacquer in Sunstone:
FULL SIZED! Listed at .2 oz for $7.99

It's a shame that this Lip Lacquer completely clashes with my complexion because the color is gorgeous and really daring. I've tried coral based colors on me before and like the other warmer toned lip products I receive- it just really doesn't compliment me at all. Which irritates me to no end because I would love to try something adventurous like this and orange is my favorite color. The packaging awesome with a nice crystal on top. And, it really looks like so much fun that it hurts to know I would be wasting the tube just to swatch or try it. Painful!!

But, it's a full sized, really cool item that I think a lot of other people will enjoy. 




3. Clairol Hair Food Moisture Hair Mask:
FULL SIZED! Listed 6.3 oz for $11.99

Awwwww I totally wanted the thickening solution. That being said, I think I only wanted the thickening solution because it had kiwis on the box and I'm a weirdo. I think I will spare you another rant and rave about my love for hair masks.

So, this is fabulous. I will use the crap out of it. It smells amazing. And I am in love. 



4. L'Oreal Butterfly Intenza Mascara in Black:
FULL SIZED! Listed at .25 oz for $7.99

I always love a mascara. And who's going to complain about a nice, full sized product. But, I have. SO. MUCH. MASCARA. right now. And I have't even received my Ipsy, Starlooks, GlossyBox, or one more special box I am waiting on for December. I am also waiting on other orders. I have given TONS of mascara away in gift baskets for the Holidays and I still have a large box full of extra mascara. I wish I could try and review this. But, I don't know when I'll be able to!

Still an awesome find though!



5. CoverGirl Eye Enhancer in Daring Nudes:
FULL SIZED. Listed at $4.50

This I can do without and probably what I was least excited about receiving in my Target Box. I'm just so over the top with eyeshadows and own hundreds of colors and palettes that I fawn over like gollum in LOTR. A little nude based palette just doesn't do if for me. But, that's a personal preference. And someone else out there may love getting this. I mean, not everyone wants to go out looking like a circus carny like I do...



6. ChapStick Total Hydration Lip Care in Sweet Peach:
FULL SIZED! Listed at $2.99

Some people have sock gnomes. Others have key gnomes. Others have loose change gnomes. I, personally, have dealt with lip gloss and ChapStick gnomes since basically puberty. I just don't know where they go. I love them and then they leave me. And, I don't want you to think that I haven't put in an asserted effort to hang on to beloved glosses and sticks. Nope, even my benefit ones disappear without a trace. I have never finished a stick or gloss in my entire life. So, I welcome ANY scented, clear or sheer chapsticks that come my way in what ever form or medium.

And I feel no different right here. I welcome you to my world Sweet Peach ChapStick- for as long or as little as you plan to be with me. I've already used it. It has a great scent. My lips feel awesome. Awesomeness all around. Definitely an A+ addition to a winter gift box.



7. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask:
Sample Sized at 20ml (Approx $5.75). Full Sized listed at 80ml for $23.00

Ok. So, I have no idea what a water sleeping mask is. According to the directions on the box, it's apparently just a night moisturizer. I can dig it. Though, I was kind of hoping it was a sleep aid too! The Target website does say it has some aromatic scents to help you sleep. It does smell very nice.

I'm not gonna lie- I'm intrigued by this product and unfamiliar with Laneige. I'm actually really excited to try this. 


8. Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Advanced Serum:
Sample Sized at 0.1 oz (Approx $2.25). Full Size at 1 oz listed for $22.49

Gah! I think foil sample packs should be outlawed from Beauty Boxes. I really despise them and find them to be worthless and off putting unless supplied with a few of them. Maybe it's me. But, I really can't form an opinion on an item when only trying it once. And, I don't like to keep open packets of stuff I put on my face lying around. 

I wouldn't have missed this sample to be perfectly honest. But, whatever.


You know, it's funny. I fully expected to be completely disappointed by these boxes for so many reasons. The fact that they're from a big box store, my worry about the packaging, the price tags, you name it.

But I really impressed with both my Target Beauty Boxes and they have a HUGE fan in me now. 

Final Verdict: I'm going to have to give this little guy a 9/10! The products were a great selection, there were quite a few full sized items, even products I was unfamiliar with. It had nice winter repair feel. My calculations put it over $50 PLUS there is a $10 coupon in there for Dermstore.com. Spending only $10 with free shipping. There's no loss in that for me. But I'm such a stickler that one time use sample packs should never be included as an item in a beauty box unless it's a bonus or multiples. 

Once again Target- AWESOME job!




No comments:

Post a Comment