Thursday, January 8, 2015

Unboxing! Sample Society January 2015: New Year, New You Box!

What it is: Allure Sample Society Beauty Box
Where to get it: BeautyBar.com
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: General skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Often includes a full sized product and monthly $10 coupon off $50 purchase on BeautyBar.Com

Yay! My first official Beauty Box of 2015 is here!

We're starting the year off with Sample Society.

Let's dig right in:

Sample Society January 2015: New Year, New You! 

Unboxing and Review!


So, I'm a little confused on the products and themes this month. I really feel like the items were just kind of thrown together. No wonder they didn't even bother to send me any spoilers this month. It seems really haphazard and you'll see why.




The Haul!:

1. Zoya Nail Lacquer in Lillian:
Full Sized! Listed at $9.00 for 15 ml

Now, don't get me wrong this is a cute color. And, I will always be for getting new nail polish. However, we did just get the awesome RGB Oxblood polish in last month's Sample Society box. Also, these shades just don't feel right for January. The booklet states that this month's box is about embracing color this year. I obviously have no problem with more color. But, I can think of hundreds of other shades for my names in the middle of January other than pastels that remind me of Easter. This is just trying to hard for my taste. I'm 50/50 on this.



2. Philip B. Light Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse:
Sample Sized at .5 oz (Approx $2.20)

I'm just kind ok with this. There isn't a whole lot in there. It does smell nicely of Geraniums. I'll give it a shot. But, I'm not over the moon on this.



3. Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar:
Sample Sized at .25 oz (Approx $6.00). Full Sized listed at 2 oz for $47.00


I dunno. I just can't get on board with Philosophy. I just don't like their products and I have tried MANY. I think I'm let down by their shower washes/ bubble baths that don't actually smell like what they're advertised to be. That puts me off. I find all these other items either boring or too greasy. And, I feel they're really overpriced for the quality they deliver. To each their own right? So, I probably won't be using this.



4. Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar:
Sample Size unknown- maybe $3/$4? Full Sized listed at 5.3 ounces for $45.00

What is this?! A soap for ants?! Are you serious with this Sample Society? This is the tiniest bar of soap I've ever seen! I'm excited to try it- but come one with this.



5. Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash in Cobalt Crystal:
FULL SIZED! Listed at $8.99

So, this is my favorite item in the box. It's just fun! And I really like that I actually got it in the silver color. The shadow is nice and creamy, the glitter is a nice addition. I'm still trying to figure out where the lash comes in though. I will say that it's not a great day when my favorite thing in a beauty box is from Revlon...



6. StriVectin Illuminating Serum:
Sample Sized at 7 ml

So apparently this is a bonus item. I have no idea how much it is. I couldn't find it on the Strivectin website. Meh. Ok?



The Final Verdict!

Box Value: I have no idea. 2 items couldn't be priced. It can be anywhere above $30.00

 Box Score: 4/10

Final Thoughts: Maybe I was spoiled when December 2014's box was one of my favorite boxes ever. But this just seems like Sample Society threw some stuff they had laying around in a box. There wasn't even a page in the box for the Strivectin Serum. The theme seemed misplaced. And, I got the tiniest soap ever. Maybe next month...











No comments:

Post a Comment