Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Random Unboxing! BirchBox December 2014: Decked Out! ROUND 2!!

What it is: BirchBox 
Where to get it: Birchbox.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Review your products monthly to earn BirchBox points. Every 100 points earns $10 to use at BirchBox. If you refer a friend and they sign up, you get 50 points. You can stock pile up to 500 points at once. I've yet to do that though!

Last week, I wrote a pretty scathing review of my BirchBox December 2014: Decked Out! box. I was pretty livid with the low quality of the products I received and COMPLETELY bummed out that my one saving grace- my Vasanti Kajal liner was broken and had smeared all over the box and other items. I contacted BirchBox immediately and they offered to send me a whole new box (OMG!). I let them know that I wasn't pleased with the items and I really just wanted a replacement of the liner. No problem! They sent me a whole new, different box. Oh my god BirchBox- are you for real? In under 24 hours, BirchBox was processing a new box to ship out to me. 

I am still in the process of writing my BirchBox 101 page. But, to be sure, they have a FAN FOR LIFE. My replacement BirchBox came today! So, let's get to Round 2 (ding ding ding)!


BirchBox December 2014: Decked Out! 

Unboxing and Review

Round 2!!


Upon Opening:
(SOOOOO MUCH BETTER)


Our Menu: 


The Haul!
(7 ITEMS!!!)

1. Acure Organics Sensitive Facial Cleanser:
Sample Sized at 1 oz (Approx $3.75). Full Sized listed at 4 oz for $14.99

Cannot. Escape. Acure. But! I will say that having sensitive skin that's a nightmare in the winter- I will use the hell out of this. And, as opposed to Juice Beauty- I really like that even though Acure is saturating the beauty box market right now- they are sending DIFFERENT ITEMS to try their whole line. Hint hint Juice Beauty!



2. Davines Repluming Trio! 
Replumping Shampoo, Repluming Conditioner, and Replumping Hair Filler Superactive (!!!)
Shampoo Sample Sized at 12 ml (Approx $1.25), Full Sized listed at 250 ml for $25.50
Conditioner Sample Sized at 12 ml (Approx $2.05), Full Sized listed at 150 ml for $25.50
Hair Filler Sample Sized at 50 ml (Approx $19.75!!), Full Sized listed at 100 ml for $39.50

Wow. This is foil sample packs done right. Kudos BirchBox. You know what's up. I am freaking excited to try this out. Like, you have no idea. First, it's like getting extra little goodies in my box. I'm able to try a whole new line that I was totally unfamiliar with before. I don't feel cheated to get these one time use samples. And the hair filler sample is HUGE!! Love it! Loveitloveitloveit. ON TOP of all this, BirchBox considers them 3 different samples so, I got extra BirchBox points from rating them. What?? 

Only little issue is that the hair filler does have an odd salon smell. But, I guess, what can I expect lol? SUCH a winning item. I can't wait to use this stuff!



3. Juara Tumeric Antioxidant Radiance Mask:
Sample Sized at .5 oz (Approx $6.00). Full Size listed at 3 oz for $35.00

Ok. I think it's time to talk to the post office. Because, this item came cracked as well. I was completely mortified to have to call BirchBox AGAIN and let them know that I needed yet ANOTHER replacement. I literally started out the phone call saying, "I just want to let you know in advance, I feel like such a jerk calling..." But, my BirchBox rep was awesome and she is sending me out a replacement- which I think is fabulous and amazing and wonderful. I love you BirchBox. Seriously.

But, I cannot wait to try this mask! I LOVE masks like these. It has such a nice, light fragrance and felt so cool and soothing when I rubbed some on my hands earlier. This is like, good stuff guys! It's a very nice sized sample and I think I can get quite a few uses out of it. Awesome!





4. Vasanti Kajal Extreme Intense Eye Pencil in Rose Gold:
Sample Size at .03 oz (Approx $13.50). Full Sized listed at .04 oz for $18

YAAAAAYYY!! My precious... How I have waited so patiently for this liner. It's wonderful, gorgeous, amazing. I can't wait to wear it for the holidays. It didn't come broken! It is bright and shimmery and amazing to create such a festive glow. I'm so happy to finally be able to wear this. I did swatch it. But, it doesn't show up well in pictures.

It kind of makes me want to do a holiday look blog post... we'll see!



5. W3LL People Bio Brightening Stick in Moon Stone:
Sample Size unavailable. But, listed at $1.50 for purchase on the W3LL People website.

So, I'm a little let down that I was expecting a stick. And I got a little pot. I was kind of expecting a sample like benefit's Watt's Up sample sticks. But, that's cool! I have never heard of W3LL people before. They're all natural. They sell sample sizes on their website. I am intrigued. 

This sample swatches mainly sheer. But has a VERY nice shimmer. I really like that I can buy smaller samples of their products directly. I am SO torn right now between this and the Burberry highlighter I got in my Sample Society box this month. I love them both and don't know what to use first!!!


The Final Verdict!

Box Value: If my math is correct- discounting the $10 to The Gap (which is still having issues...)- this BirchBox is valued at around $47!! Way better than my $25 box...

 Box Score: 10/10!!!

Final Thoughts:

BirchBox, you did this right and earned that 10/10 score for my replacement box. First, the fact that you sent me a replacement box. Second, when I said I didn't like the original box- you totally listened and gave me a new box. On top of which when I had yet ANOTHER broken item, you still agreed to replace it. Seriously, that's some ass kicking customer service right there. And, I'm happy to give you guys my money any day of the week. 

These items were NUTS. Nuts I say! First, the Davines trio is how you do it. I complain and complain and complain about subscription boxes only sending these dinky one time use foil packets and considering it a sample. Nope, BirchBox, you have to one up everyone by not only sending 3 samples of different items from the same line. But, one of the samples being huge centerpiece sample. And then one up again by allowing BirchBoxers extra points for reviewing the smaller sample packs. Craziness.

All the other items were fabulous and will definitely be used and loved. 

I can't thank you enough BirchBox. Right now, I seriously think you're one of the greatest companies around and you get my wholehearted seal of approval and love forever.

Good show!





No comments:

Post a Comment