Thursday, January 15, 2015

Unboxing: Beauty Box 5 January 2015: Hello!

What it is: Beauty Box 5
Where to get it: beautybox5.com
How much is it?: $12 monthly with 3 month and annual subscriptions available
Types of Products: Each box contains 5 luxury deluxe or full sized beauty products.
What are the Perks?!: Beauty Box 5 is relatively new, they are working on rolling out a referral program shortly!

I am THOROUGHLY bemused by this box. You can totally see why in my Youtube unboxing: **Coming Soon**


Let's jump right in!


Beauty Box 5 January 2015: Hello! Unboxing and Review!



Upon Opening:



Our Menu:



The Haul!:

1. Hard Candy Kal-Eye-Descope Baked Eyeshadow Duo in Make Believe:
Full Sized listed at $6.00!

Holy blast from the past batman!! This was such a nostalgia item for me. I haven't even THOUGHT about Hard Candy in a thousand years. I actually really like this item and these colors. Starting out strong Beauty Box 5!




2. Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in French Mani Golden Caberet:
Full Sized listed at $9.99

I seriously love these things! Although I did just get a whole bunch from Glossybox, I still really like getting this! Another win!



3. Ultraflesh The Gold Standard in Mascara in Blackout:
Sample sized at .08 oz (Approx $6.00). Full sized listed at .27 oz for $21.00

Let's completely disregard that the name of this company reminds me of a horror film. This mascara actually looks pretty promising. I'm willing to give it a shot.



4. Softsoap Nutri Serums Vitamin E Body Wash:
Sample sized at 1.7 oz (Approx $1.00). Full sized listed at 15 oz for $8.00

At first, I was going to bitch about this. Then, I thought about it for a second. One, I always complain when subscription boxes send those stupid foil packets. Second, my fiance always fails to let me know when he is running low on body wash. This is a refreshing change. I appreciate it.



5. Hard Candy Take Me Out Liner in Sushi:
Full Sized listed at .036 oz for $5.00

Another Hard Candy! I totally dig this eyeliner. First, it's shaped like a chop stick- which is kind of adorable. It is also this awesome iridescent pink. I LOVE pink eyeliner. Awesomeness.



The Final Verdict!

Box Value: Approx $28.00

 Box Score: 9/10

Final Thoughts: Consider me easily amused. But, I thought this box was so much fun! It was really cool to get some Hard Candy items- that company hasn't been on my radar for years. I will legitimately use every item in this box. It was just such a feel good buy. Good start to the year Beauty Box 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment