Sunday, March 22, 2015

Unboxing: Birchbox March 2015: Creativity!

What it is: BirchBox 
Where to get it: Birchbox.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Review your products monthly to earn BirchBox points. Every 100 points earns $10 to use at BirchBox. If you refer a friend and they sign up, you get 50 points. You can stock pile up to 500 points at once. I've yet to do that though!


Birchbox March 2015: Creativity

Unboxing and Review!


If "Creativity" is what Birchbox was going for this month, they certainly failed and fell flat on their face with my box. And you'll soon see why!


Upon Opening:


 Our Menu:



The Haul

1. Beauty Protector Protect and Oil:
Sample Size unknown. Full Sized Listed at $25.95. I am going to approximate sample value at $5.00

This was my sample choice because I wasn't too keen on any of them this month. But, it does smell like cake. So that's kind of cool I guess. I just wish I knew how much of a sample this was.








2. Harvey Prince Signature Perfume:
Sample Sized at 1.5 ml (Approx $1.65). Full Sized listed at 50 ml for $55.00

When I first learned I was going to get this sample, I was absolutely fucking irate. IRATE. Not only am I sick of getting perfume samples from Birchbox. I am absolutely sick and appalled that I am received yet another CHEAP Harvey Prince sample. I am getting them every other month now. Not cool.  




3. Jelly Pong Pong Glow Getter Highlighter:
FULL SIZED! Listed at $12.75 for 4ml

This item I was actually a little excited to try. Because you know, Birchbox only allots me so many items per box from companies they haven't been shoving down my throat the past 6 months. It was nice to get a full sized item even though it is a little be on the wee side of things. I like highlighters and this is an interesting color. I'll give it a show.



4. Mirenesse ICurl Secret Weapon 24hr Mascara:
Sample Sized at .14 oz (Approx. $11.60). Full Size listed at .35 oz for $29.00

Honestly, I haven't heard the best reviews about this mascara. Plus, Mirenesse is yet another company I feel Birchbox is shoving down my throat. Enough is ENOUGH.


5. Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo:
Sample Sized at 1 oz. (Approx. $3.76). Full Sized listed at 8.5 oz for $32.00

This is another holy shit for me. With the HUNDREDS of hair product lines out there- Birchbox routinely ONLY wants to send me Number 4 hair products. All which I have been quite displeased me. Garbage.


6. Bonus: Number 4 Reconstructing Mask:
Sample Sized at .25 oz (Approx $2.84). Full Sized listed at 5.1 oz for $58.00

This is a fucking joke to me. Not only has this been 1 of the only 2 bonus items I have ever received from Birchbox. It also happens to be the 5th Number 4 hair care item... I also don't think there's nearly enough in this foil package to do anything for my hair.


The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $37.00??
 Box Score: 2/10

Final Thoughts: If not for Birchbox's point system, this would be my last box. I feel like I have signed up for a Harvey Prince / Number 4 Hair Care box. And, I severely dislike both product lines. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that I hate them both now in principle. Look, I am aware that is going to be some sort of repeat products. But, I am pissed to ONLY get certain products from Birchbox - over and over. I'm actually going to give them a call about it to complain. I've had enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment