Monday, March 23, 2015

Unboxing! Ipsy March 2015: Floral Fantasy!

What it is: Ipsy Glam Bag
Where to get it: Ipsy.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: By reviewing items and sharing Ipsy info on Facebook, rack up Ipsy points to redeem for free beauty products.



Ipsy March 2015: Floral Fantasy

Unboxing and Review!


So, I really feel like my March Ipsy bag was really underwhelming as well. It's not like I hate this bag- I am just bored by it. March has not been my month.
Let's have a look.

Upon Opening:


The Haul

1. NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Hunk:
Full Sized, 4.6g for $6.00

Holy Crap. I want nothing to do with product. I am sick of Ipsy hocking NYX to me like it is some elite brand that's hard to find. I can literally walk 2 blocks out of my apartment to get the whole line. Not my thing- don't want it. Don't get me wrong- I like NYX- I use a lot of their products. But, Ipsy is slowly destroying this company for me by forcing the issue. Ugh- not a great start.


2. Pur-lisse Beauty Pur-Delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser and Make Up Remover:
Sample Sized at 1 oz. (Approx. $6.42). Full Sized listed at 5.6 oz. for $36.00 

This is another one Ipsy. You have single-handedly made me sick of a product that I normally wouldn't have an issue with Pur-lisse. But, enough is enough already! It's just not exciting






3. Boo Boo Cover Up in Medium:
Sample Sized at 4 ml (Approx. $8.00). Full Sized listed at 10 ml for $20.00





I was a little worried when this said it was going to be in medium. It is still a bit too dark for me. Why they sent everyone medium is beyond me- basically showing Ipsy could give a crap about our beauty profiles. But overall, this is an ok product and one that I was excited about. Doesn't make up for that stupid purple lipstick though...



4. Dr. Brandt Skincare Anti-Aging Mattifying Lotion:
Sample Sized at .25 oz. (Approx. $8.80). Full Sized listed at 1.7 oz for $60.00)

I'm just gonna say it- I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Brandt- I've also gotten numerous products from them from Ipsy. But, this may be ok- so I will reserve judgement until after I give it a shot.






5. Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Illuminating Face Highlighter in Crystal Pink:
Sample Sized at .07 oz. Full Size not listed but $28.00. I am going to approximate $5.00

So, this was the single item I was excited about in my Ipsy bag. I just happen to love highlighters and this one is gorgeous. So, not a total boring loss.





The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $35.00
 Box Score: 5/10

Final Thoughts: I really feel like Ipsy just no longer has a grasp on what I am personally interested in receiving at this point in time. Although the highlighter was awesome and the cover up was a good idea- they're missing the mark hardcore with the other items from companies they seem to compulsively send me. It also doesn't help that I can rattle off a pretty long list of items I didn't get that I would have wanted. I haven't had the opportunity to try any CoolWay products yet, I LOVE the soy hair products, I would have loved to have gotten the crown concealer brush/concealer/brightening serum, would dig the Marsk shadows, and wouldn't have even minded the Saint Ives Apricot scrub. I dunno- maybe I'm on a bad cycle with Ipsy. I hope that changes because I usually LOVE their summer bags.



No comments:

Post a Comment