Sunday, March 22, 2015

Unboxing! Sample Society March 2013: Lighten Up!

What it is: Allure Sample Society Beauty Box
Where to get it: BeautyBar.com
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: General skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Often includes a full sized product and monthly $10 coupon off $50 purchase on BeautyBar.Com


Sample Society March 2013: Lighten Up

Unboxing And Review!
Oh boy, Sample Society has really been missing the mark for me the past few months, and this month certainly hasn't done anything to redeem this subscription for me. I am going to give it one more month- then I think it's time to check out for a while.

Upon Opening:



The Haul

1. Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer:
Sample Sized at 15 ml (Approx $11.45). Full Sized listed at 60 ml for $45.00

HOLY CRAP I AM SO SICK OF THIS SAMPLE. I never want to see another Juice Beauty product as long as I am alive. One of the reasons I've always liked Sample Society is because they don't always carry the same items you see rotating through typical beauty boxes. Apparently not any more. Enough already.



2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara:
Sample Sized at 0.1 oz (Approx. $8.00). Full Sized listed at 0.3 oz for $24.00

This was the single item in this month's box that I was excited or even cared about. Which is why I held out buying one to review. Just in case! This is what I come to expect from Sample Society- a new product launch and I really think they should re-focus back on things like this.




3. Oscar Blandi Proto Texture & Volume Spray:
Sample Sized at 1.5 oz (Approx. $9.00). Full Size listed at 4 oz for $24.00

Considering the fact that I already received this in a Sample Society box last month- I literally have nothing good to say about this so I'm just not going to say anything.






4. Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm:
Full Sized! Listed at .2 oz for $12.00


Oh look another product I've already received half a million times from other beauty boxes. I know a lot of people are into this particular lip gloss. But, it just doesn't do it for me- so I'm not impressed.



5. Cargo Essential Lip Gloss in Umbria:
Full Sized! Listed at 2.5 ml for $16.00


I don't know how I feel about this lip gloss yet. The color is... odd... I'm going to have to revisit it. But, as far as first impressions go- I'm not huge on this one.


 The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $56.00
 Box Score: 2/10

Final Thoughts:  Although the retail box value is there, I wouldn't miss this box. Other than the benefit mascara there is nothing new or cool to try that I've always enjoyed from Sample Society subscription. I think it may be time to move on.

What did you think of Sample Society's March 2015 box?

No comments:

Post a Comment