Monday, October 20, 2014

Starlooks October 2014 Glow Of Grace Unboxing!

Sigh... I guess you can't win 'em all.

I was on such a high from receiving my Ipsy and Sample Society boxes this month that I was on pins and needles waiting for my Starbox. Maybe, my bar had been set too high this month. But, I'm seriously let down.

Let's start with the excitement:

Special Edition? Signature Starbooks. This gonna be good!



Upon Opening:

Ok, a box. Oh, it's a set!



Upon Further Reading:

Oh, um. Ok. It's a brow set box. Nothing else. I just spend $15 this month on a brow set I could have easily 


Here's The Front and Back of the Set:




Ok, I get it. Brows are the "in" thing right now. But, this... I don't know about this. First, it includes 3 powder shades. I don't know about you. But, my brows don't really change color. So, part of the set is useless. Unless, of course, you take their suggestion as using these as eyeshadows... sigh... Also included are stencils, tweezers, and a brow brush.

It's not a bad set if a brow set is or was something I was looking for. But, the fact of the matter is, one of my very few natural attractive traits are my brows. On top of which, I have been growing them out a bit to attend a shaping party by Benefit at BirchBox tomorrow. 

Other's might be totally elated by this box. But, I'm personally overrun with beauty tools, "neutral eyeshadows," and have enough of my own brow business going on. It's just disappointing there's nothing else for me to ooh and aahh over or even try. I don't even know what to do with this thing. 

I like receiving my subscription boxes because of the versatility in each of them. I'm not sure how I feel about getting just one item that I may or may not have use for. 

Since this is only my 3rd month receiving my Starlooks box, I'm going to keep up with them. But, remain a little on the fence.

This is a very bias grade. But, I am going to have to give this box a 3/10 review. It's way too specific for my tastes in a mystery box. The set goes for $31 online, so only paying for $15 isn't terrible. The set IS a nice set, but, just not for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment