Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Birchbox October 2014: Fanfare Unboxing

I've been a Birchbox subscriber for a few months now. And, generally, I LOVE it. The point system is amazing. The products have been great quality and nicely sized.

That being said, I am disappointed with Birchbox's October 2014: Fanfare Box. :(

Let's Start With The Box and Product List:

I love the BirchBox boxes normally. They're colorful and interesting and often match their monthly goodies. I guess the plainness of this box was foreshadowing for what is on the inside:



Inside was the typical product menu and also a competition to win 1,000 Birchbox Points:




Product List Includes:

1. Beauty Protector- Protect & Detangle:
Full-sized product listed at $21.95.

I dunno, that's a little bit of a steep price for a detangler for me. Especially since I did not see it listed for any price below that. My smell was ok. Don't think I would ever purchase this product primarily for the price.


2. Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser:
Full-sized price listed at $32.95. I was able to find it for $10.00...

And, I am SICK of this sample! At this point in time, I am not sure through which boxes I have already received this sample. But, I have 3 floating around that don't seem to resell on Ebay. I'm wary of using this sample by merely looking at it. I have larger pores and really grainy exfoliates often cause break outs for me. Regardless, it's a boring product that I've gotten before multiple times.


3. Tocca Crema da Mano in Bianca:
Full-sized listed at $10.00. I found it between $10-$20? Online.

Simply, I've run out of room for hand lotion. Bianca has a Green Tea + Lemon scent. And, generally Tocca makes pretty good products. But, I will be reselling this on Ebay. I just have way too much hand lotion samples and this is just. another. one.


Inside My Envelope:


1. LuMesh Hydrating Lip Gloss in Sadie:
Full-Sized listed at $24.00. I was a little confused by the product color as I couldn't find it on the LuMesh website. The color is only available at Birchbox apparently. I like the cute little packaging. I always like cute little packaging. I'm a fickle girl when it comes to lip products. The gloss goes on nicely and has a pink color I can actually wear as opposed to 99.99999% of samples I've gotten. Unfortunately, I'm big on scents for my glosses and this has none. But, my lips do feel a bit tingly- so there is a cooling element to the gloss.


2. Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Eyeshadow Palette Set in Ballerina:
Full-Sized Palatte at $34.00.

HOLY HELL I am EFFING SICK of Coastal Scents. I have never had a company been so beaten into as this company from every. single. one. of my beauty boxes. And, I'm a little irritated the have now encroached on my BirchBox. I could rant and rave for hours about quality, etc. But, I think they flimsy plastic box pictures speaks for itself. The colors are neutral and nothing new or exciting. Meh. I don't feel like I want to buy this product ever because I own so much from them already. 


I am disappointed that mt first BirchBox unboxing on my blog has to be such a negative one. I've LOVED getting my BirchBox every month and this is the first one I have been disappointed with. It makes me sad that I have to give this box a 3/10. The contest and lip gloss redeemed it. And, honestly, BirchBox has nothing to do with the fact that I own too many hand lotions already. Until next month...



No comments:

Post a Comment