Saturday, October 4, 2014

Escape Monthly September 2014 Puerto Rico Unboxing!

Ok, this is also my second month with Escape Monthly. It is the only subscription box I have signed up for that isn't a beauty box. I felt like I was spending SO much money on myself and this subscription box comes with SNACKS. That I can share with my fiance!

Escape Monthly's September 2014 Vacation Box was to Puerto Rico This Month!

The box included:

Travel Guide: $16.99
Hot Sauce: $2.99
Coconut- Pineapple Candy: $5.00
Coco Candle: $5.00
Coqui Pin: $9.00
Plantain Chips: $3.00
Coffee: $10.00
Bottle Opener: $7.00

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this box. Let's start with the fact that I LOVE coconut. My fiance actually started laughing at me when the first thing I pulled out of the box was the Coconut candle. But, as my most expensive subscription box, I feel a little let down that the value just didn't feel quite there. Let me know what you think:

As with every month, I received my Travel Handbook:
May resell this on Amazon.


Here's My Little Coconut Candle:
Already started using it, it actually does smell awesome and fills the room with a nice tropical coconut scent



The Plaintain Chips:
They came kind of crushed. I'm not a HUGE fan of chips in general and not especially plantain chips. So, I gave them to my fiance. He inhaled them. I had one. They were meh.


Coconut-Pineapple Candy Bites:
MOAR Coconut! I love these candies. I was very recently introduced to these by going to a couple Honeymoon/Destination wedding Bridal Shows. I LOVE THEM. This particular brand (Dulzura Borincana) is pretty good quality compared to some "chalky" types I have tried. These were delicious and came with 6 pieces in the box. 

Hot Sauce:
I haven't tried the hot sauce yet. But, it's pretty interesting looking with actual peppers in vinegar. I dunno, I kind of like that!



Coqui Pin:
Ok, this is cute. I love little frogs. When I was about 5, I found a tiny toad in the back yard. I adopted him, my parents helped me set up a little terrarium. My dad named him Jimmy Hoppa and we had him for a couple of year. That being said, why is this $9.00? What am I supposed to do with this? As it is more of the expensive items in the box this month, I dunno...


Coffee:
Another favorite thing of mine! I will NEVER turn down some coffee. I actually stock pile a lot of samples for the winter then use my refillable Keurig insert for coffee all winter long. But, I don't think that this sample is worth $10.00.


"Authentic Souvenir"/Magnet Bottle Opener:
I think I made a sad face when I got to this. I feel like it's such a let down. It feels like a cheap souvenir that a co-worker bought in bulk to give out to everyone at the office that they don't really care about. I'm 99.99% sure that I can find this in Harlem or Chinatown. It was kind of a let down and a little ugly. 

Overall, I'm going to give this month's box a 6/10. I love Coconut. But, a lot of people don't. I'm sure they weren't too happy to get so much coconut stuff. I also love hot sauce. And tiny frogs. And coffee. But, I feel the "souvenirs" were cheap and "meh." Looking forward to next month: London!!




No comments:

Post a Comment