Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ipsy October 2014- Beauty Candy Unboxing!

So, Ipsy was my gateway drug into the world of Beauty Boxes, so it holds a special place in my heart.

As of recently, I had not been too happy with my Ispy bags. But, I am SO happy that my first blog write up for Ipsy is a good one!

Here's Ipsy's October 2014 Beauty Candy Unboxing!



1. My Ipsy Bag!

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of the make up bags that come with my Ipsy unboxings. But, I am totally feeling this one. I'm partially to the color, the bag seems easy to clean, and it has a nice simplicity to it.


2. City Color Be Matte Lipstick in Cappuccino
Listed at $5.00 on the City Color website.

Ok, I'll admit it. Here. I am NOT generally a lipstick person. And I have most certainly NOT been a fan of the lipstick products Ipsy has sent me in the past. But, this little guy right here is a winner. The color is a nice matte tan that actually compliments my skin. Goes on smooth and stays nicely. Plus, I always like getting a full sized sample. And, if I want another- it's only $5! Awesome!



3. Doll 10 H2Glo Highlighter in Champagne:
Half sized sample, full sized retails at $30.

Another win! Between this and the lipstick, Ipsy finally got my colors right! My picture is a bit on the orange side for some reason. So, I included the picture from the Doll 10 website as well. The cream highlighter goes on super smooth and has a very nice shimmer to it without over powering. Plus the cute little compact comes with a mirror. Always a plus!















4. Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin:
Retails at $6.50

Meh, another hand lotion. Normally I would complain because, as I have stated in the past- I'm overrun with hand creams. But, I do like this one. It comes in a cool, toothpaste like tube. I know a lot of lotions do- but I like the smaller, sleeker size of this and it can easily be popped into a tiny bag. The company is something I was unfamiliar with being that it is in the UK. The lotion goes on VERY lightly and definitely feels light and refreshing instead of oily. And, it absorbs well. The scent is definitely not overwhelming. But, still sweet enough that my dog did try to lick my hand. I still give one a win!



5. Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths (Pack of 10):
Full Sized priced at $15.00 for Pack of 30

OMG. I LOVE cleansing cloths. I probably go through in an unhealthy amount. So, I'm definitely not going to complain about getting an extra pack of 10 in my Ipsy bag. I haven't tried them yet as I currently have 2 (oops!) open packs of cleansing cloths. So, I may come back to review them later. Still a win though!

As an aside, I have a beauty tip!: Sometimes, when I am done with a cleansing cloth and it isn't too gross- I rinse it with soap and water, put it aside to dry and use it as a nail polish removing cloth. For some reason, they work great!




6. Model Co VolumEyes Mascara in Black:
Full sized retails at $20.00

I had mentioned in another blog post that I am giving my eyes a break from extensions. So, I'm definitely not going to complain about some black mascara. I haven't tried the product yet. But, I did just buy some fiber lashes I planned to review tomorrow. I noticed Model Co has fiber lashes on their website as well. Maybe I'll keep them in mind for the future!




My October started out kind of rough with a disappointing Birch Box. But, I definitely feel like my Sample Society and Ipsy unboxings made up for that. And for all the disappointing Ipsy bags I have gotten in the past few months, I am SO happy that I get to write my first blog post giving this 
Ipsy October 2014 Beauty Candy Bag at 10/10!! 

Now, I don't want it to seem willy-nilly that I'm giving sub boxes 10/10's all the time. So, here is my reasoning. Now matter how many times I had changed my beauty profile or reviewed products negatively on the website, Ipsy felt compelled to keep sending me bright and bold red/pink lip products, blushes, and highlighers, and other products. I know I am blond and fair- but I have to be careful with the bold colors I choose. With the calibre of products Ipsy sends me, I don't normally end up channeling Gwen Stephani. It's more like I'm the reincarnation of Bette Davis in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane. Picture for reference:


I am SO happy that for ONCE Ipsy sent me appropriate colors AND products I will actually use. I promise I will use 100% of everything this month INCLUDING the make up bag (for once). In the past, I have never gotten full use out of my Ipsy bag and the products are normally too inexpensive to try to resell or to gift. 

All in all, I'm proudly displaying my 10/10 for Ipsy this month!

If you're interested in signing up for your very own Ipsy Subscription, feel free to use my referral link. It may help get past the wait-list! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment