Friday, October 10, 2014

Allure Sample Society October 2014 Unboxing!

I LOVE Allure's Sample Society!

Their October 2014 box has been one of my favorites so far, so I'm happy to share it with you!


Here's Opening It Up:


1. Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum:
Full sized version is $92 or $62. 

Nice start! Estee Lauder is high quality products and it's always nice to get a higher end sample in my subscription box. Haven't tried it yet, but this is a win!


2. L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner:
Full sized priced at $4.99

Another win!! I love trying new shampoo and conditioners. And for some reason, I really love samples of shampoo and conditioner. They're awesome for travel and if my fiance uses up the shampoo or conditioner and doesn't tell me! They smell great as well!


3. Emi-Jay Hair Ties:
Full-Sized Priced at $6.60

OMG I love these!! First, I consistently lose and break hair ties. So, I can always go for extra. Plus, these are really cute and have a nice sparkle to them. I like wearing them on my wrists as well- like a cute little accessory. 









4. Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara in Black:
Full-Sized Priced at $28.00

Now, I normally wear eyelash extensions and rarely use mascara. At the moment, I am letting my lashes take a little break. And, I REALLY like this mascara! It goes on well. Stayed on through a whole night of drinking with my best buddy. And, my fiance actually made a comment on how awesome my make up looks (we've been together 10 years and he's rarely said that!)

More winning!


5. Bond No. 9 in Chinatown Perfume Sample:
Full-Sized Priced around $200

Ok, so I wasn't too happy with this sample. But, just because I don't care for the perfume. Personal preference. It's too "sharp" for me. I like any company based in and about NYC. I've actually been to the flagship store quite a few times. So, I do know and like the brand. 

I'm generally meh about perfume samples. I love getting my sample boxes. But, realistically I won't be able to use ALL the products I get and some I won't like. So, I do try to re-coop some money via ebay sales. Perfume samples are generally a loss for me. I also strictly adhere to wearing Thierry Mugler's Angel :).


Overall, I'm going to give Allure's Sample Society October 2014 box a 9/10! These were some GREAT products I absolutely loved sampling! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment