Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Wedding Post + Random Haul! Why you should ALWAYS go to a Wedding Salon Event!

What it is: The Wedding Salon in NYC at The Metropolitan Pavilion 
Where to get it: Information on attending a Wedding Salon in your area can be found at: www.weddingsalon.com
How much is it?: Events in NYC cost $75.00 for 2 tickets. Though, you can sometimes get them for free!
Types of Products: This is an event showcasing multiple wedding vendors in your area.
What are the Perks?!: BOOZE! Just kidding, these events are a lot of fun. You get to meet and interact with vendors from your area, try delicious snacks, drink a little (or a lot), get some free samples, enter to win prizes, get make overs, and for me- get an AWESOME gift bag.



The Wedding Salon NYC Review and Gift Bag Haul 

November 2014


Since this is my first blog post about The Wedding Salon, and my blog is still in it's infancy- this is going to be a long one. So bear with me.

I absolutely LOVE Wedding Salon events. I can't stress that enough. I think a lot of people lose sight of reality when they are planning their wedding. That they and their families by extension, are suddenly the center of the universe. Put hundreds to thousands of people with this short sited mindset in a rather large convention hall and some people will definitely be unhappy and very vocal about that. And, conventionally, it is always the unhappiest of people who are the most vocal on review sites such as Yelp as well.

But, if you're going to have a good time. Go with that mindset and you'll have a great time and a couple of silly stories along the way.

I also have to make a slight disclaimer. I have been a BIG winner at one of The Wedding Salon events. Late last year, they were having a destination wedding event at the Metropolitan Pavilion. Since I was at the point where I literally had NO idea what I wanted to do for my wedding and I was comped free tickets, I signed my fiance and I up for it. Lo and behold, an impending blizzard that never happened, caused a cancellation and rescheduling of the event. For those who came to the rescheduled event, they would be automatically entered into a drawing to win a 3 night all inclusive vacation to Sandos Cancun. My fiance couldn't come to the rescheduled event. And, at that time I was incredulous because he was doing nothing to help plan the wedding. So, I dragged my Man of Honor. 

The whole night was hysterical. Every vendor thought he was my fiance. When we would explain that that he was the Man of Honor, everyone then thought he was gay. A few days later, Jesse from The Wedding Salon lets me know that I was the grand prize winner for the vacation in Cancun. No strings attached. This I used to tease my fiance telling him since he wasn't at the event with me, I was going to have to go to Cancun with my Man of Honor. 

Proof:




I took my fiance to Sandos Cancun this summer for his 34th birthday and we had an amazing time- all thanks to The Wedding Salon. 

For a company that will comp you tickets, give you free gift bags, and give you a free for all vacation (among other things)- I gotta say there's something SERIOUSLY wrong with their clientele if they're going to make complaints.  


I am personally lucky enough to have a friend that I grew up with and met at a backyard punk show when we were around 13/14 attend these Wedding Expos with me. 

But, for a beauty blog, that is also somewhat about wedding planning. I'm here to vouch my opinion on the haul and stash from the evening. 

First, I want to go through my Wedding Salon process. Normally, the Wedding Salon tickets in my area are $75 for the bride and a guest. Sometimes, you are able to get free admission from a vendor or the event itself. And sometimes, you are able to snag a gift bag as well.

Here's the awesome haul from the evening (and a very curious puppy):



For snacks, I received:


  
Here's just the beauty products:


At the event and in my gift bag, I received:

A full sized Hada Labo Moisturizer
.5 oz Lancome Absolue Premium Day Cream 
Sally Hansen Nail Polish in Copper Penny
Glo Whitening Toothpaste in Superberry
Full sized Essie in Mademoiselle
Full Sized Glo Lip Care
Full Sized Essence Metal Glam Eyeshadow in Chocolate Jewelry
Mini Opi Nail Lacquer Toucan Do It If You Try
5 ml sample of Acure Argan Oil
Murad AHA/BHA Exfloiating Cleanser
Le Mieux Moisturizing Mask
Sample of Nugg Face Masks
ANOTHER sample of Amika Nourishing Hair Mask!
ANOTHER sample of Nivea
Full Sized Skin Fix Hand Repair Cream
Sample of Udderly Smooth Body Cream
Essence Nude Glam Nail Polish 
Fekkai Samples
Ioma Tabs
And about 8 thousand Pens, Nail Files, Bobby Pins, and Chapsticks.

Overall, a good haul!






No comments:

Post a Comment