Sunday, August 16, 2015

Unboxing! Birchbox August 2015: Soak It Up!

What it is: BirchBox 
Where to get it: Birchbox.com  
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax  
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.  
What are the Perks?!: Review your products monthly to earn BirchBox points. Every 100 points earns $10 to use at BirchBox. If you refer a friend and they sign up, you get 50 points. You can stock pile up to 500 points at once. I've yet to do that though!



Birchbox August 2015: Soak It Up!

Unboxing and Review!

I was actually really, really pleased with my August Birchbox! It really seems like I'm finally getting items I want to try! Also- I think the box this month is adorable!
Let' Take A Look!


The Haul!

1. Coola Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After Sun Lotion:
Sample Sized at .5 oz, Approx. $2.70. Full Sized Listed at 6 oz for $32.00
Besides that awful, awful name- I'm actually finding myself excited about a Coola product. Who would have thought?? The concept is really cool and since I'm one to burn no matter what SPF I wear, this is definitely something I'm interested in trying out.



2. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Cleanser:
Sample Sized at .25 oz, Approx. $2.50. Full Sized Listed at 3.5 oz for $35.00
So, I've normally gotten rid of my Dr. Brandt products. But, my pores have been wild recently. I think I'll give this cleanser a shot!


3. IPKN Pore Apple Sun Cream:
Sample Sized at 7 ml, Approx. $2.80. Full Sized Listed at 70 ml for $28.00
Oh my god! This is so cool! It's sunscreen that smells like a real apple! It's so think and you need to put it on sparingly. But I am in love!!


4. R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo:
Sample Sized at 1.6 oz, Approx. $7.40. Full Sized Listed at 6.3 oz for $29.00
This was my sample choice. Although I am not the hugest fan of dry shampoos- I'm mulling over giving this one a shot. We'll see!


5. theBalm Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush:
Sample Sized at .8 g, Approx. $2.60. Full Sized Listed at 6.39 g for $21.00
I really like getting theBalm samples. But, I'm a little concerned how I am going to apply this being that it's super tiny and cannot conceivably fit any brush!


6. Bonus Item: Kerastase Bain Force Architecte Shampoo:
Sample Sized at 10 ml, Approx. $1.60. Full Sized listed at 250 ml for $40.00
Since this is a bonus item, I am not going to complain about getting the sample packet. Plus, when else am I going to get the chance to use $40 shampoo?


The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $20.00
 Box Score: 8/10

Final Thoughts: Although a surprisingly low box value, I am pretty pleased. I got 6 items and will probably give them all a shot. Birchbox was on point this month! Woo!

What did you think of the August 2015 Birchbox?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment