Sunday, August 16, 2015

Unboxing! Allure Beauty Box August 2015: Dreaming In Color!

What it is: The Allure Beauty Box (formerly Sample Society from BeautyBar.com)
Where to get it: Allure.com/thebeautybox
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: General skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!:  NOTHING as of yet???
 
Allure Beauty Box August 2015: 

Dreaming In Color

Unboxing and Review!
 
 
So, I have made the decision that this is going to be my last Allure Beauty Box. I was such a HUGE fan of Sample Society up until the beginning of this year when I felt like they dropped off a cliff on January. I knew something was up and then Allure split from Beautybar.com which kind of proved my theory that something was wrong. 
I was hoping that Allure would spring back with some awesome boxes to lure in new customers as well as revamp their image. Unfortunately they have not. Between sup par boxes, getting double/triple charged at the beginning of every month, a practically unworkable website, and no additional perks- I sadly have to cut the cord. 
That being said, I'll be keeping an eye out to see if they revamp this box and will gladly sign up again if it's worth it!
 
 
Let's Have A Look!


The Haul!
 
1. Malin + Goetz Peppermint Shampoo:
Sample Sized at 1 oz, Approx. $2.50. Full Sized Listed At 8 oz for $20.00
 
Meh, being that I love peppermint scented products- I'm ok with this. But, I'm not thrilled. It's more of an apathy type thing. But, I'll probably use it so it's ok.
 
  
 
2. Nuance Salma Hayek AM/PM Anti-Aging Super Cream:
Sample Sized at 0.265 oz, Approx. $3.80. Full Sized Listed At 1.4 oz for $19.99
 
This is another item I'm kind of meh about. I don't hate it. But it doesn't thrill me. I do like the fact that this is something new from a new company that I haven't tried before. But, being that I'm up to my eyeballs in anti-aging products, I probably won't keep it.
 

 


 
3. Bumble and Bumble Grooming Cream:
Sample Sized at .5 oz, Approx. $3.00. Full Sized Listed At 5 oz for $30.00
 
WHAT is Allure's obsession with Bumble and Bumble?? There have got to be thousands of hair care lines and it's like they are stuck on this one company. This is boring and repetitive. I'm not complaining about the actual item except for the name: Grooming Cream? Am I a horse now? I can always use a styling cream. But this is the prime example of why I'm shipping of from this sub.
 
 


 
4. Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner:
Sample Sized at .10 g, Approx. $1.70. Full Sized Listed at 1.4 g for $24.00
 
As much as I love Benefit and love this eyeliner- I absolutely abhor this sample! It is so super tiny and worthless. I've had it before and you can barely get one use out of it. God forbid you screw it up on one eye- it's done. UGH.
 
 


 
5. Allure & Butter London Nail Laquer in Violet's Revenge:
Sample Sized at .2 oz, Approx. $7.50. Full Sized Listed at .4 oz for $15.00

This is actually the only item that I really liked from this box. Though I'm really surprised they didn't supply this as a full sized item. The color is really pretty and I'll definitely use it. My one win.




6. Eau Thermal Avene Cleanance Gel Cleanser:
Sample Sized at 1.69 oz, Approx. $5.00. Full Sized Listed At 6.76 oz for $20.00

I'm slightly disappointed with this sample due to the fact that I did just receive the same item in my July Ipsy Glambag. Although this sample is slightly bigger- I haven't even gotten around to trying out the Ipsy sample. Ugh




 The Final Verdict!
Box Value: $23.00
 Box Score: 2/10

Final Thoughts:  WOW! This is by far the lowest value box I have ever received from Allure. I'm really sad that I'm saying good by to this sub. But, I feel like I've been subbed for 8 months too long. For a "new" box this is uninspiring, cheap, and no longer of interest to me. This is kind of a huge let down.
 
 
What did you think of the August Allure Beauty Box?


 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment