Monday, August 17, 2015

ShopMissA Review 2.0! $1 Products- Worth It?

Alllllllllllllllll the way back in October 2014, I randomly stumbled upon a website called ShopMissA.com. It was basically an online dollar store for accessories, beauty products, nail accessories, and make up. 

I was really intrigued as everything on the site was $1 and there was a lot of fun stuff. So, I hauled away and wrote a review for everyone! 

I was marginally impressed with the items I received. But, this was never a favorite site of mine. So, I didn't pay too close attention to it. 

But, surprisingly, over the past month I have seen Shop Miss A pop up a lot more on social media and my old blog post has suddenly started getting views again. Crazy right?

So, I decided to do another haul to follow up on my last post to see what's up with the shop now! 

Let's Take A Look!


Here's what's up!

1. It appears that ShopMissA is leaning towards more makeup as opposed to accessories. Besides the cute sunglasses (which I'm sure are not UV safe), I was extremely underwhelmed with not only the selection- but the absolute abysmal quality of the accessories. It was actually hard to find items I wanted to buy for this haul. And when I got the items I was so "meh" on them. There's cheap jewelry and there's cheap, unwearable jewelry. I REALLY liked Shop Miss A for the accessories. But, this was a huge let down.



2. They have seriously expanded their make up selection. And the quality doesn't seem bad. They generally carry companies like Kleancolor and L.A. Colors. And, I actually was REALLY impressed with the items I got. I absolutely LOVE the 2 mini eyeshadow palettes I got. And was pleasantly surprised. I didn't buy any polishes this time. But, grabbed some nail decals.






3. Although a lot were sold out, they now have sheet masks! So, I grabbed 2 to try out:





4. And, as like like time, they had a vast, wide array of false eyelashes. But now, they've added on some more basics. So, I decided to grab some nail polish removing pads and make up sponges. That's kind of awesome.





5. They also have a lot of different types of accessories now that they didn't have before. They had a whole lot of gorgeous fans. But, most were sold out in the colors I wanted. I did however pick up 2 fans to experiment with for making my bridesmaids bouquets. So, these were kind of throw aways:





Overall, I've seen a lot of changes with Shop Miss A over the past year. For one, the shipping was much less expensive and EXTREMELY quicker than it was last time. It's exciting that they have gotten more and better quality make up items in as opposed to crusty nail polish. But, I was disappointed with how much of a drop in interesting and some what passable accessories they had.

I'm not going to lie to you or myself- I'll be back there this time. What's the loss at experimenting with items when they're only $1 each?

No comments:

Post a Comment