Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Unboxing! Birchbox October 2015: Positive Force!

What it is: BirchBox  
Where to get it: Birchbox.com  
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax  
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up
What are the Perks?!: Review your products monthly to earn BirchBox points. Every 100 points earns $10 to use at BirchBox. If you refer a friend and they sign up, you get 50 points. You can stock pile up to 500 points at once. I've yet to do that though!  



Birchbox October 2015: Positive Force

Unboxing and Review!


Besides the fact that I absolutely LOVE the design of the box, I have mixed feeling about my October haul. Let's take a look:






The Haul!

1. Dear Clark Thickening Balm:
Sample Sized at 1 oz. (Approx. $6.50). Full size listed at 4 oz. for $26.00

I'm totally happy that I finally got something from Birchbox that actually matches my beauty profile. What a day! This is probably one of the items I've been most excited to try in a long time (other than the Mally gloss from last month). Such a win!





2. Calypso St. Barth Figue Eau De Parfum:
Sample Sized at 1.5 ml (Approx. $1.90). Full size listed at 60 ml for $75.00

Why Birchbox? Why? 



3. Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser:
Sample Sized a .5 oz (Approx. $2.00). Full size listed at 8 oz. for $32.00

Ok. I can give this a shot.  

4. Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer:
Sample Sized at .1 oz. (Approx. $1.15). Full size listed at 4 oz. for $46.00

I would have really preferred to have received a larger sample of this to try out. Maybe vice versa with the cleanser. It just really seems like I won't get much use out of this foil pack.





5. Supergoop Forever Young Hand Cream:
Sample Sized at .14 oz. (Approx. $.47). Full Sized listed at 10 oz. for $34.00

Another sample for ants I see... and really? Not even $1's worth of product? Come now Birchbox. Although I'll probably end up using this- the scent kind of reminds me of old tea. I don't know- I'm kind of feeling gypped with the sample plus the foil pack and the perfume...





6. Benefit Roller Lash:
Sample Sized at 3 g. (Approx. $9.00). Full sized listed at 8.5 g for $24.00

This was my sample choice. Normally I'm not a fan of Roller Lash- I much prefer They're Real. But for some reason Roller Lash covers my lash extensions when I get make up on them much better than most other mascaras- so I figured I would stock up on an extra.






The Final Verdict!

Box Value: Approx $21.00

 Box Score: 5/10



Final Thoughts: I really don't know how I feel about this month's box. First of all, this is a very low value box with 3 samples for ants. But, I did like actually getting something that matches my beauty profile plus being about to stock up on a Roller Lash. Please though Birchbox- NO MORE PERFUME SAMPLES. I BEG YOU!

How was your Birchbox this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment