Friday, October 2, 2015

Unboxing! Ipsy September 2015: Face Fashion!

What it is: Ipsy Glam Bag
Where to get it: Ipsy.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: By reviewing items and sharing Ipsy info on Facebook, rack up Ipsy points to redeem for free beauty products.



Ipsy September 2015: Face Fashion

Unboxing and Review!


After being an Ipsy subscriber for almost 3 years- I can honestly say that Face Fashion is by far the worst Ipsy bag I've ever received. What a disappointment!

Let's Take A Look:



The Haul!

1. The Bag:

Let me be the first to point out that I was incredibly excited when I saw the original Ipsy video sneak peek with the gold theme. My wedding dress is gold and I was really hoping for a complimentary bag. This bronze plastic suede-esque bag is such a personal flop for me. I never really comment too much on the actual Ipsy bag itself. But this is truly awful.






2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream:
Sample Sized at 1 oz (Approx. $6.00). Full Size listed starting at 2 oz for $12.00
 
Honestly, this is probably the best item I received from Ipsy this month. And, it's just straight up boring.
 
 


 
3. Ipsy + NYX Eyeshadow Trio:
Full Sized! Other NYX eyeshadow trios listed for $6.00 originally. On clearance for $3.00
 
 Holy Shit. It's literally the worst of the worst. Over exposure of NYX via Ipsy. And, infamously awful neutral shadows Ipsy has forced down our throats. So much ugh in such a small package.






4. Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Sleek Primer:
Full Sized! Listed at 5.1 oz for $4.29

I'm sorry- but this is just insulting. I know Ipsy runs the gamut between high end and drug store products. But fucking Garnier Fructis?! Are you kidding me??? Is this for really Ipsy?? What a waste of an item.





5. Elizabeth Mott Queen of the Fill Tinted Brow Gel in Light Medium:
Full Sized! Listed at 4 g for $20.00

Honestly, I'm not going to use this. I just don't have enough brows. At least they got the shade right...





6. J. Cat Beauty #MOTD Waterproof Slide on Pencil for Eyes in Bronze:
Full Sized! Listed at 1.4 g for $2.49

I do not have a lower opinion of any other company that I do J. Cat Beauty. They produce absolutely complete crap products and have invaded Ipsy like flesh eating locusts. They named a "flesh" colored lip stain The Fappening. And magically changed it once it was called out in public. I wanted to give this liner a chance. But, it just kind of disintegrated on me when I tried to swatch it. This is going straight in the trash. I could go the rest of my life without seeing another J. Cat Beauty product and I wouldn't miss it for a second.




The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $35.00
 Box Score: 0/10

Final Thoughts: For a bag jam packed with full sized items- I couldn't be more disappointed. There is literally not a single product I could want or use from September's Ipsy. This is the first time I actually have considered a bag to be a waste of money. Seriously- Garnier Fructis, NYX, and J. Cat Beauty? What a waste.
 

What did you think of the September 2015 Ipsy Glambag?

No comments:

Post a Comment