Friday, October 16, 2015

80's Night Mini Haul! Come Nostalge With Me!

80's Night Mini Haul!

Featuring:

Espionage Cosmetic's The Last Unicorn Nail Decals

And

Sephora's Jem Truly Outrageous Eyeshadow Palette


Maybe I'm feeling old. Maybe I'm being nostalgic. But, this week I've got a truly rad mini 80's haul that I just HAD to share!







Espionage Cosmetic's The Last Unicorn Nail Decals

I don't know about you- but The Last Unicorn was absolutely my FAVORITE movie when I was a kid. I mean, other than those horrific live action Ninja Turtles movies that came a bit later in the 90's. But, even as an adult, this movie retains a very special place in my heart. So much so that some of my favorite art pieces still are The Hunt of the Unicorn Tapestries featured in the opening credits of the film. I even have a mini The Unicorn in Captivity hanging in my bedroom.

I'm really do not remember where I first saw these radical decals from Espionage Cosmetics. But when I did, I absolutely had to get my hands on them (get them on my hands??).


I made it pretty clear to Josh that I would absolutely *die* if I didn't get these. I figured he would ignore my dramatics as usual. Then I came home one day to a strange package with NO idea what was inside...


SURPRISE!! Inside was The Last Unicorn Enchanted Manicure Bundle Pack plus additional decal pack.


These tubular decals are absolute amazing and completely gorgeous. Each decal pack is incredibly detailed with some amazing artwork outside and in:


The super cute instructions are easy enough!



Espionage Cosmetics offers not one- but TWO designs for their The Last Unicorn decal collection.


From the absolute BEST scene/climax of the movie- the liberation of the unicorns after King Haggard and Red Bull's defeat. These decals are my absolute favorite things ever right now.





Look at this detail!!:




Not just reminiscent of the original Unicorn Tapestries, these delicately detailed decals feature The Last Unicorn in her home forest she chose to abandon for her journey to find the other unicorns.







Since Josh got me an additional package of By The Sea, I did apply them for a Youtube demo. Besides the fact that I did a horrific job applying them and my nails are WAY too short at the moment to really display the acute detailing on the decals- I still think they're absolutely awesome. Meh- there's a reason this blog is named Totally Oblivious Beauty!




Sorry for the ugly nail!

If you're interested in picking up some of these fresh finger decorations, the individual decal packs are $12.00 each and the Enchanted Manicure Bundle Pack (containing 2 of each design) is $40.00 at EspionageCosmetics.com! Also- check out some of their other stuff- it's all kind of awesome!


Sephora's Jem And The Holograms Collection

Truly Outrageous Eyeshadow Palette

This was another heart stopper for me. I don't quite know how I feel about the new Jem movie coming out. But, I totally know that I was absolutely OBSESSED with Jem growing up.

Jem was the epitome of music and style for Mini-Raina. I played my Jem tapes to death and had to have everything even remotely related to Jem including one of my all time favorite knock off dolls- Barbie and The Beat. Jem may or may not have subliminally played a part in the fact that my hair was every color imaginable when growing up and that I decided I wanted to be a rockstar at an early age (ha!).


Of COURSE I wanted everything. But rationally- between being budget conscious, not being able to swatch the lip products, and not really wanting the compact/it selling out- I opted to snag the eyeshadow palette. Really- like I need an excuse for another crazy shadow palette.

SQUEE!! 




With an outrageous black sparkly - asphalt-esque and hot pink exterior featuring the iconic Jem star, this magnetic palette folds out to a nice sized mirror and 24 80's inspired shades with names like 1980's, Keytar, Cassette, and Pizzazz. The shadows are placed in a holographic holder surrounded by more hot pink lightning bolts. Oh so 80's. Sephora knows how to get me.





Of the 24 shadows, there is a nice combination of matte, shimmer, and glitter shadows. Annnnnnnnnd I went right to the crazy, electric colors.

Swatched (one layer, quickly swiped) from top to bottom:
 Jerrica, 1980's, Keytar, Rio, Casette, and Jemstar

Although I'll readily admit the quality of these shadows are not nearly as stunning as Urban Decay's Electric Palette- which I absolutely swear by, this is still a mighty little palette. The purples didn't live up to my dreams- but purples never do. The colors are a lot of fun and are soft and moderately pigmented but easy to build and blend with. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one!

If you want to snag one of these palettes, I would bop on over to the Sephora website and order one for $39.00!

 Since I'm totally in the 80's mood- let me know if you've tried any other 80's inspired beauty products recently or if you've tried the rest of the Jem collection and what you thought of them! 

Cowabunga!


No comments:

Post a Comment