Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Unboxing! Starlook's Customized Starbox October 2015!

What it is: Starlook's is an online cosmetics company that releases a new Starbox of makeup every month.
Where to get it: starbox.starlooks.com
How much is it?: $12.00 monthly
Types of Products: High end, cruelty free cosmetics
What are the Perks?!: Starlooks.com just recently rolled out a points program where every $ spent on the site equals 1 point used towards discounts on their site as well as a referral points!
 
Starlook's Customized Starbox October 2015
 
Unboxing and Review!
 
 

 


 Unfortunately, I think this is going to be the very last Customized Starbox that I am going to be receiving. According to the email below, Starlooks will be discontinuing their Customized Starboxes and all subscribers will be transferring over to the new LooksBooks:
 
 
 
 Although I have really liked the LooksBooks I've kind of fallen in love with the Customized box and products and am sad to see it go! Let's take a look at what I got this month:
 
The Haul!
 
1. Satin Finish Eye Shadow in South Beach:
1.6 g, Listed At $13.00
 
Although I tend to shy away from neutrals, I'm thinking South Beach is going to be a create base color for layering on my eye-craziness. It's a very delicate color but nicely pigmented and super soft. I'm interested in seeing what I can do with it.
 
 


 
2. Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure:
Size Unknown, Listed at $9.00 
 
This lip gloss is pint sized and I'm bound to lose it almost immediately. I'm not typically a lip gloss person. But, the color is cute and I may give it a shot.
 


3. Liquid Illuminator in High Life:
1.3 ml, Listed At $10.50

I absolutely fell IN LOVE with this highlighter when I picked and received it in my July 2015 Customized Starbox and ranted and raved about it in my July Youtube Unboxing and Impressions. Being that it's a limited edition color and available again this month, I absolutely snagged another. And you should too while you still can!



4. Bronzing Pigment in Pennywise:
Size Unknown, Listed At $9.00

Apparently I was confused and thought this was an eyeshadow when I first unboxed it. It's a super shimmery gold and highly pigmented loose powder that totally reminds me of when I dropped my Urban Decay Baked on the floor. I would totally have used this as an eyeshadow with out batting... an eye? I don't think I could pull this off as a bronzer. Unfortunately, my came a bit exploded. But, I was pretty much able to salvage it.





 I also received some gift cards for discounts on Starlooks products. But, I'm so overwhelmed with makeup right now- I'm going to wait on those.


The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Not counting the gift cards, the make up in this box is $41.50
 Box Score: 7/10

Final Thoughts: With the exception of the bronzer coming somewhat a mess, I really liked this box. The highlighter, I already know I love and I'm glad I was able to snag another. The shadow seems interesting to play with and the gloss is a cute color. These are definitely items that I know I will use and can just pop in my bag at anytime.

You can kind of tell that between ending the original Starlooks Legacy Starbox and bringing out the Customized and LooksBooks Starboxes, Starlooks is in a bit of transition to what exactly they want to do in regards to their subscription services.

That being said, I am REALLY going to miss the Customized Starbox. As opposed to many other subscriptions, this is the first of it's kind to have an extremely affordable price point where I could get only make up items I wanted in shades that I could totally dig or play around with. 
 
I was never displeased with the boxes and have found some amazing gems that I have fallen in love with.
 
So sad!




No comments:

Post a Comment