Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Unboxing! Ipsy October 2015: Alter Ego!

What it is: Ipsy Glam Bag
Where to get it: Ipsy.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: By reviewing items and sharing Ipsy info on Facebook, rack up Ipsy points to redeem for free beauty products.
 



Ipsy October 2015: Alter Ego

Unboxing and Review!:


As opposed to last month's 100% useless Ipsy bag, I am actually pretty pleased with Alter Ego. The only real complaint I have is that although I get the idea of having a two sided bag for Alter Ego, I really don't like the black pleather side of it.

Let's have a look!:



The Haul!

1. Aurora Gel Effects Nail Polish in Inky Dinky:
Full Sized! Listed at 12 ml for $12.00

Awesome! Starting out with a full sized product. Though this seems a lot darker than it is advertised at and I expected- I'll give it a shot!






2. theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Committed:
Sample Sized at 1.2 ml (Approx. $3.10). Full sized listed at 6.5 ml for $17.00

This is cute little lipstick and a pretty decent color. I'm excited to try it out!





3. Beauty Without Cruelty Fragrance Free Hand and Body Lotion:
Sample Sized at 2 fl oz. (Approx. $1.50). Full size listed a6 16 fl oz. for $11.95

As opposed to my 50 cent hand lotion for ants from Birchbox this month, this is quite a nice, large sample. It's also completely cruelty free and vegan. I also really like how the Beauty Without Cruely website has suggestions on what type of essential oils and how much to add to the lotion to scent it. Awesome!



4. Emite Make Up Professional Slant Tweezers:
Full Sized! Listed at $25.00!!

Holy crap! $25 tweezers?? Although they're super cute and pink, I have a wonderful set of tweezers that I really love. It's a painful decision on whether I am keeping them or not. But, totally a win!





5. Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum:
Sample Sized at 14 ml (Approx. $16.80). Full size listed at 20 ml for 23.99

Winter is coming... and I'm stocking up on serums. I am super excited to try this as well! Woo!!






The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $58.00
 Box Score: 10/10

Final Thoughts: Alter Ego totally makes up for last month's Ipsy- which I totally consider to be the worst Ipsy I've ever received. In contrast, this bag is one of the best! Not only does it include a nice selection of products that I will actually use- there are a couple full sized and higher end samples in there and it has a great value. Nice job winning me back Ipsy!
 

What did you think of the October Alter Ego Ipsy Glambag?

No comments:

Post a Comment