Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Unboxing! Beauty Box 5 December 2014: Merry and Bright!

What it is: Beauty Box 5
Where to get it: beautybox5.com
How much is it?: $12 monthly with 3 month and annual subscriptions available
Types of Products: Each box contains 5 luxury deluxe or full sized beauty products.
What are the Perks?!: Beauty Box 5 is relatively new, they are working on rolling out a referral program shortly!

My very first, real subbed Beauty Box 5 is FINALLY here! And I'm ready to unbox for you!

Beauty Box 5 December 2014: Merry and Bright!
Unboxing and Review!

Always excited for Holiday boxes! And really excited about my first real BB5 box! They're so cute and tiny...

Upon Opening:


Our Menu:


The Haul!!

1. Jaqua Hand Cream in Pink Champagne:
FULL SIZED! Listed at 2 oz for $12.50

HOLY CRAP I am SUCH a MASSIVE Jaqua fan. I have been for years and it makes me SO incredibly happy to see a product of theirs in one of my beauty boxes. I am in LOVE with their Pink Buttercream Frosting, Cocoa Buttercream Frosting and SERIOUSLY miss their Mint Chocolate line... I am a wee bit disappointed to have gotten the Pink Champagne hand cream being that it's not my favorite. But, totally dig getting this. I want more Jaqua for the future and hope for their beauty box invasion!



2. Absolute! New York Nail Polish Remover Pads in Lavender:
FULL SIZED! Listed at 32 Pads for $2.99

These things are really freaking cool! I haven't tried them yet. And, I figured there was 10 pads in there. No!! It's like super tiny and portable and is full sized at 32 pads. WTF Absolute! New York- what is this sorcery?! AND LAVENDER. I'm in love, you win, it's over. I am totally amazed by this little container. And so inexpensive too. Once I use them, I'll update. But, for right now, Absolute! you have a new fan!!

 


3. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer:
Sample Sized at .26 ounce (Approx $10). Full Sized at 1.7 oz for $65.00

Ok Juice Beauty. You need to slow your roll a little bit. I wrote a couple days ago about how I was unfamiliar with Juice Beauty but have seen many samples from them. But, now I'm getting tired of your stuff. You keep sending me the SAME SAMPLE over and over again. In EVERY SINGLE box I am subscribed too. It's getting old. Switch it up. This is just a loss to me at this point BECAUSE I BASICALLY OWN A DRUMS WORTH OF THE STUFF.



4. Nanacoco Nail Polish in Diamond:
FULL SIZED! Listed at .5 oz for $3.95

This is another personal preference thing. I'm not a huge fan of the chunky sparkle nail polish- which is a shame. Though this one is interesting and I would be intrigued to try it over my RGB Oxblood I received in my December Sample Society box that I'm itching to get on my fingers. We'll see...



5. Lucky Brand Lucky Number 6 Perfume Sample:
Sample Sized at .05 oz (Approx $.99). Full Sized listed starting at $50.00

Oh Beauty Box 5. You were sooooooooo close. Almost there this month with making me fall all over myself in love with you. What a let down for a final item!! GAH!!! I must have said this 8000 times since starting this blog- perfume sample vials and foil packets should NEVER, EVER be considered a sample from a deluxe box! They are given for free everywhere! You don't even have to purchase them most places. Stop. Please. Just stop with them.


The Final Verdict!


Box Value: Approx $30.00

 Box Score: 7/10

Final Thoughts: I started off really liking this box. The Jaqua and Absolute! products were awesome. I can dig into the nail polish and give it a try. But, I was kind of let down with receiving yet another Juice Beauty moisturizer- I'm not faulting BB5 for that though. And, I really feel like the perfume sample brings the whole value of what would have been a GLORIOUS box down. Almost there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment