Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Unboxing! Allure Sample Society December 2014: Party Prep!


What it is: Allure Sample Society Beauty Box
Where to get it: BeautyBar.com
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: General skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Often includes a full sized product and monthly $10 coupon off $50 purchase on BeautyBar.Com


My first December 2014 Unboxing is here! As usual, first to the plate is Allure's Sample Society. Earlier this month, I posted the Sample Society Spoiler Here. On first glance, I was interested in the box. But, I wouldn't say insanly excited. That left me feeling uneasy about my Sample Society subscription after last month's underwhelming box. However, upon opening- my mind has been completely changed. I absolutely love this month's box! Let's have a look!


Allure Sample Society December 2014: Party Prep 
Unboxing and Review!


Upon Opening:




1. RGB Nail Polish in Oxblood:
FULL SIZED! Listed at $18

It's always great to get a Full Sized product. This is first of a few for this month's Sample Society. The color is a new spin on a classic deep red. And, the name is reminiscent of a punk band for me- which I got a good chuckle about. I will totally use this polish- it is definitely a win!



2. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream:
Sample Size: 0.17 oz (Approx $10). Full Sized Listed At: 1 oz for $62, 1.7 oz for $92

Now, I'm not a huge eye cream fan- mainly because I don't feel like I need tons of anti-aging products around my eyes yet. It may be denial- it's just how I am. But, it's always great to get a substantial sample of a high end product like Estee Lauder. This sample comes nicely packaged and is known to work well. I think I may give it to my mom as a gift! In general, it's a win!




3. Burberry Beauty Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance:
Sample Size: 0.17 oz (Approx. $8). Full Sized Listed at 1 oz for $48


I really like this! A little goes a long way with this extremely shimmery lotion. I swatched maybe a drop on the back of my hand and the fluid spread evenly and significantly- but still felt light. The champagne color is gorgeous. This is truly a great product that I will definitely use to highlight for holiday parties! Another win!







4. Butter London Lippy Tinted Balm in Teddy Boy:
FULL SIZED! Listed At $20

Truthfully, I was really worried about this product. As I've learned from my many unboxings that generally subscription boxes like to send out deep or bright red or electric pink lip products. As I've said in the past, this annoys me to no end. Not only can I not wear these colors- I find it very unadventurous in regards to trying new products. However, Teddy Boy is a gorgeous soft pink that is highly pigmented and doesn't get anywhere. It looks great on me and I was happily surprised. Plus, it's another full sized item with very nice packaging and sturdy box!



5. Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra-Moisturizing Hand Therapy in Verbena and Lavender:
FULL SIZED! Listed at $8 for 25 g. Also available for $20 for 100g.

So, I'm not going to gripe and moan about this item. It's technically a win to me. Crabtree & Evelyn is a great company, this is a full sized item, generally the lotions work great, and it is packaged very nicely. That being said, I'm a HUGE lavender fanatic. As I have mentioned many times on this blog- anything lavender generally goes for me. Except for really fake, soapy smelling lavender- which I find Crabtree & Evelyn products to smell like. This was a little disappointing for me- but not the end of the world. And, I still love the company and think this is a winning addition to the Sample Society Party Prep box overall!



The Final Verdict!

Box Value: Although Sample Society listed this at over $46- I find the value to be closer to $60- which is awesome.

 Box Score: 10/10 !!

Final Thoughts: I am truly impressed with Sample Society's December 2014 Party Prep Box for a number of reasons:
1. I'm always happy to get a full sized product and feel incredibly good to have received 3.
2. This month's box was jam packed with true luxury, brand name beauty products.
3. All items had gorgeous packaging and look fabulous.
4. The Party Prep theme was cohesive and clear in the unboxing.
5. Unlike many boxes I have received in the past- I really feel that you can absolutely put together a great look from these products.
6. The general value of the box is even greater than I was expecting.

Great job Sample Society! I love my December 2014 Party Prep box!









No comments:

Post a Comment