Thursday, February 5, 2015

Unboxing! Starlook's Starbox January 2015: Mirrors!


What it is: Starlook's is an online cosmetics company that releases a new Starbox of makeup every month.
Where to get it: starbox.starlooks.com
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: High end, cruelty free cosmetics
What are the Perks?!: Starlooks.com just recently rolled out a points program where every $ spent on the site equals 1 point used towards discounts on their site.


UGH! I am sorry to be so late on this!

I got it quite a while ago and even did my video a while ago and my poor Starbox has been in such purgatory! Poor thing!

Starlook's Starbox January 2015: Mirrors 

Unboxing and Review!


To start off, I really found the Starlook's Mirror's spoilers to be really elusive in regards to what we were getting in the box. I was a little bit worried because I did get my tracking so late in the game and I feel like they didn't have their stuff together this month. That could totally be my own perception though because I thought this was a really great box even though I am still unsure about the theme.

Upon Opening:



Our Menu:



The Haul!:

1. Lipstick in Gisele:
Listed at $14.00

Even though I feel like I have become slightly less Totally Oblivious when it comes to lipstick, I am SO disappointed right now. Not because I could have gotten the Marsala lipstick (which I actually would have hated). But, this lipstick is SUCH a pretty color and I just *know* it is not going to look good on me. I keep returning to it hoping that it's a little more brown than red. And I just know, with the high quality that Starlook's products are- that this is going to be pigmented as hell and I won't stand a chance of it going on sheer. I haven't swatched it because I'm not sure if I am going to try to sell or trade it. I am in such a purgatory over it. I'll probably eventually break down and try it and be completely upset. I WISH I could wear this lipstick. But, at the same time, I signed up for my Starbox to be MORE experimental. I'M SO TORN!!




2. Kohl Eyeliner in Chestnut:
Listed at $16.00

Some day I realized I would have to grow up and not wear electric purple, metallic silver, and jet black liners every day. That day, of course, was when I eventually stumble across a more mature or natural looking liner. Don't think I haven't try to avoid it. I have a bit of a Peter Pan complex when it comes to my make up. Apparently the day has come. I own a brown, "neutral" eye liner. And, I feel like I'm obligated to use it. 

That being said, I love the contrast concept of a matte brown against bright gold shadows. Well played Starbox, you're getting me to try a mature liner while allowing me to still go nuts with my immature bright metallic gold shadows I keep getting in my Ipsy bags.

I'm taking the plunge...




3. Blending/Contour or Lip Brush:
Listed at $22.00

Oh please lip brush. This little guy is totally going to be used with some water or Paula Dorf Transformer with my UD Electric Palette to make some more crazy eyeliners. I still love getting these intricate brushes- they're fun to play with!




4. Malibu SoapWorks All Natural Brush Cleaner:
Listed on Etsy for $10.00

Even though this was a bonus item. HOLY CRAP. This was my favorite thing in the box! I have been on a search for a good brush cleaner. And, although I haven't tried this yet- I am excited to! I was just really surprised how dense it was and I hope it lasts a while.





The Final Verdict!

Box Value: Approx $62.00
 Box Score: 9/10

Final Thoughts: As usual, I REALLY liked this box. I was especially excited about the bonus brush cleaner- which I hope I fall in love with. I really feel like Starbox pushes my makeup boundaries in the best ways and I am finally coming to grips with this. Time to experiment!




No comments:

Post a Comment