Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Unboxing! Sample Society February 2015!

What it is: Allure Sample Society Beauty Box
Where to get it: BeautyBar.com
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: General skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Often includes a full sized product and monthly $10 coupon off $50 purchase on BeautyBar.Com

Sample Society February 2015

Unboxing and Review!


I want to start this off with the fact that I was so upset with this box that I just randomly threw out the menu box and didn't document the theme for this month. So, I do apologize for that. 

That being said, we're on the other side of the coin here now and I am completely disappointed with my February 2015 Sample Society Box and I consider it the worst I have received.

Let's have a look:

Upon Opening:



The Haul!

1. Chloe Love Story Fragrance:
Sample Sized at .04 oz (Approx $1.75)
I'm not even acknowledging this. Starting out with a $1.75 perfume sample is in no way starting out strong...





2. 3 Nugg Beauty Masks in Revitalizing, Hydrating, and Deep Cleaning:
Each sample is 10 ml, listed at $3.29 each- $9.87 total


This may be a personal thing. Being someone who LOVES trying different types of face masks, I personally feel like Nugg has been shoved down my throat for the past 6 months or so. I've gotten TONS for free from bridal shows. I'm over it Nugg and not impressed. Though, I throw Sample Society some bonus points for sending 3 different types and only counting them as 1 sample.






3. Strivectin Intensive Illuminating Serum:
Sample Sized at .25 oz (Approx. $22.25). Full Sized listed at 1 oz for $89.00

So, this is what kind of put me over the edge with this box. After my January 2015 unboxing, I found out that this item was in my box last month by mistake. This, Sample Society, is where you cover your ass and find a way to make sure you either don't repeat a products 2 months in a row. Or, double down with another awesome product. Ugh.



4. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush:
Sample Sized at 50 ml (Approx $1.75). Listed at 200 ml for $7.00

I would be all for trying a new dry shampoo... if mine wasn't broken...






5. Nails Inc. Nail Polish in Princes Palace:
FULL SIZED. Listed at 10 ml for $9.00

This is the only full sized item we got this month. C'est la vie. And mine was opened when I opened the box. And, it was all crusty. Icing on the rotten cake- ick.






 The Final Verdict!

Box Value: $44.62

 Box Score: 1/10

Final Thoughts:  Although the retail box value is pretty good, I cannot get over the fact that I had issue with every single product that came in my sample society box this month. Starting with a perfume sample vial, over satuarted Nugg items, a repeat item, a broken item, and an open (potentially used) item- I'm actually kind of pissed off.

What did you think of Sample Society's February 2015 box?


No comments:

Post a Comment