Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Unboxing! Birchbox February 2015: Friendship!

What it is: BirchBox 
Where to get it: Birchbox.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: Review your products monthly to earn BirchBox points. Every 100 points earns $10 to use at BirchBox. If you refer a friend and they sign up, you get 50 points. You can stock pile up to 500 points at once. I've yet to do that though!



Birchbox February 2015: Friendship!

Unboxing and Review!


I want to start out with the fact that Birchbox was not so slowly losing me. I was having a really hard time rationalizing staying subscribed to their beauty box based solely on their customer service and point system. With the exception of my replacement December 2014 Decked Out Box, I'll be real with you. Birchbox was sending me complete crap. And it was kind of apparent that they knew it. If you want to check out my Instagram- @Rainarella - they actually came on to defend themselves after I posted my last box and other people complained about getting the same items. 

But, I will capitulate. This is the best Birchbox I have EVER gotten since I've subscribed.

Maybe they're keeping tabs on me. I dunno.

Let's jump right in!

Upon Opening:

Included in the box was a coupon for $30 off an order of $75 from Rent the Runway (which I probably won't use by the time it expires- 4/17/2015).

And a coupon for a free Benefit Cosmetics Pore Professional Deluxe Mini with any Full Sized Benefit purchase, which I may use.

The Haul!

1. Beautyblender and Solid Cleanser Set:
FULL SIZED! Listed at $28.95 via Birchbox, but I was able to find the set for $25.00 on the Beautyblender website

So, this is my favorite item I have ever received in my Birchbox! I have been meaning to try the beautyblender for a while but have been making excuses about purchasing it. And, I'm also really glad that they provided a nice set with the solid cleansing soap as well. Awesome!



2. Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser:
Sample sized at .5 fl oz (Approx. $1.60). Full Sized listed at 6.75 fl oz for $22

Although I have mentioned that I am getting a little sick Juice Beauty being in ALL my beauty boxes, I am in need of a new cleanser. So, I'm interested in giving this one a shot. Anything to try to save my skin this winter! Though, I am a little surprised with the low value of the sample.



3. theBalm Cosmetics Read My Lips Lip Gloss in Bam!
Sample Sized at .08 fl oz, (Approx $4.00). Full Sized listed at .3 fl oz for $15.00).

So, I do actually like this gloss. It's a pink that I can actually wear. And, although I was not too familiar with theBalm cosmetics before- I am glad that I have been able to try a number of their products via beauty boxes over the past year. So, I can dig it.



4. Gilchrist and Soames Spa Therapy Body Wash:
Sample Sized at 1.35 fl oz, (Approx. $2.50). Full Sized listed at 8 fl oz for $15.00

I'm kind of apathetic about this product. I recently received something very similar for G & S via Birchbox which I have yet to use. I guess it's ok to have around for when my fiance fails to remind me that he is running low on body wash and it does have a nice scent. And, I know some products are going to be repeated in beauty boxes. But, I really feel like Birchbox is getting a little too repetitive for me. Meh.



5. BeeKind Conditioner:
Sample Sized at at 1 oz (Approx. $1.80). Full Sized listed at 8 oz for $15.00

Meh... a paper sample. Not too hot on this one. But, I guess I can't with them all. 



The Final Verdict!

Box Value: $35.00

 Box Score: 9/10

Final Thoughts: Besides the paper BeeKind conditioner packet, this is by far my FAVORITE Birchbox by far. Awesome!










No comments:

Post a Comment