Sunday, February 22, 2015

Uboxing: Ipsy February 2015: Ipsy Love!

What it is: Ipsy Glam Bag
Where to get it: Ipsy.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: By reviewing items and sharing Ipsy info on Facebook, rack up Ipsy points to redeem for free beauty products.


Ipsy February 2015: IpsyLove

Unboxing and Review!


Jumping right into my Ipsy February 2015 unboxing, let's have a look:


Upon Opening:

I was able to cash in some Ipsy Points for some Eva NYC stuff and the bag is really cute.


Let's take a look:



The Haul

1. Cargo Cosmetics Mini Lip Gloss in Anguilla:
The sample sized is .45 ml (Approx $2.80). Full sized listed at 2.5 ml for $16.00

Meh, I guess this is cute color, but it doesn't impressed me a whole lot. It will be fun to try though. It just seems really innocuous and kind of dull.




2. Demeter Fragrance Roll On in First Love:
FULL SIZED! Listed at $10.00

Ok, Demeter was cool when I was like 13. Which was 100 years ago. And, this smells like a funeral home. Not into it.



3. Mitchell and Peach Floral No.1 Fine Radiance Face Oil:
Sample Sized at 10 ml (Approx $17.00). Full Sized listed at 20 ml for 30 Euro

This is actually something I'm intrigued to try. And, it does have a nice value. But, it is still face oil - which I am wary about if it isn't a natural product.




4. Model Co Blush Cheek Powder in Cosmopolitan:
Sample Sized at 3.6 g (Approx. $10.00). Full sized listed at 8 g for $22.00

I don't understand Ipsy's obsession with sending me pink blush. It needs to stop.



5. Pencil Me In Eye Liner in Amethyst:
Full Sized! Listed at .04 oz for $6.99

As much as I love purple eyeliner- I'm not nuts on this one. I think it's pretty cool that the sharpener is on the cap. But, I'm unimpressed with the color, pigmentation, and feel of the liner on the whole. It just looks and feels cheap.




The Final Verdict!

Box Value: Approx $47.00
 Box Score: 4/10

Final Thoughts: Although the value of the box was on par this month, I just found my particular items to be boring and unappealing to me. It wasn't a terrible bag. But, it didn't floor me either. Meh. There just seemed to be so many more items from the product list this month that I would have much preferred.








1 comment:

  1. How do you like the Eva NYC shampoo? I've tried their hair oil and hairspray and think they smell fantastic! I was thinking of buying the shampoo and conditioner (on sale now at Ulta) but wanted to get an honest opinion on it first.

    ReplyDelete