Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Unboxing: Starlook's Starbox February 2015: Dynamic

What it is: Starlook's is an online cosmetics company that releases a new Starbox of makeup every month.
Where to get it: starbox.starlooks.com
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: High end, cruelty free cosmetics
What are the Perks?!: Starlooks.com just recently rolled out a points program where every $ spent on the site equals 1 point used towards discounts on their site.


Starlook's Starbox February 2015: Dynamic

Unboxing and Review


Squeeeeeeeeeeeee. I am IN LOVE with my Starbox this month!

Let's hop right in!



The Menu:



The Haul!:

1. Tender Gloss in Cherub:
Listed at $16.00

I was SO worried about this gloss. It looked so incredibly similar to my January 2015 Starbox Gisele lipstick - which was a BEAUTIFUL color. But, looked terrible on me. It would have been such a let down to get such beautiful lip colors that I was dying to try 2 months in a row that I couldn't wear.

Welp, I was in luck! This gloss is FANTASTIC. I love it. It looks wonderful on me. And, my fiance loves it too. He did mention that it was a bit darker than most of my lip colors but it still looked great on me. 

I am SO happy this turn out well. I'm just disappointed that I couldn't get a very good swatch for my blog here because of the crap lighting in my apartment. 




2. Gem Eye Pencil in Myth:
Listed at $16.00

This was a literal Holy Shit moment for me. Other than my Pixi Black Gel liner from December Target Beauty Box for Her, I have never fallen in love with an eyeliner so hard and so fast. This liner is insane and I'm totally sold. It is a super soft, ultra pigmented smoky gray liner with silver sparkle. PERFECT for a smoky eye look. I'm swooning over this liner. It is seriously one of my favorite items I have EVER received in a beauty box. My pictures seriously don't do this liner justice and I finally know what I'm cashing in my Starlooks Rewards for!! I just can't pick which liners I want!





3. Duet Fan Brush:
Listed at $20.00

Icing on the cake. I LOVE fan brushes. I feel so bourgeois using them. Oh so fancy. This one is super soft and light. And the handle is super long for easy application. 



Bonus Item:

 Although I really like the new bonus items that Starlook's Starbox has been including. I was in LOVE with the make up cleaner last month. I think it's a nice little extra. However, I received a $40 refund coupon for datenitebox.com. Which I would love to use- if the basic plan wasn't $150 a month. I live in Manhattan. If my fiance and I can't figure out a date night for under $150 a month- I'm doing the East Village wrong. But, it was a cute extra for Valentines Day.




The Final Verdict!

Box Value: Approx $52.00
 Box Score: 10/10

Final Thoughts: Honestly, I am so hardcore in love with everything I received in my Starbox this month- I'm over the moon. They've been ON BALL the past few months. Starbox is in heavy competition with Glossybox for my favorite sub right now. I am incredibly happy right now and have some eyeliner I need to stock up on...






No comments:

Post a Comment