Sunday, July 19, 2015

Unboxing! The First Allure Beauty Box July 2015: Winning Is Everything!

What it is: The Allure Beauty Box (formerly Sample Society from BeautyBar.com)
Where to get it: Allure.com/thebeautybox
How much is it?: $15.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: General skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!:  NOTHING as of yet???


The First Allure Beauty Box July 2015: 
 
Winning Is Everything!
 
Unboxing and Review!


As I mentioned in my previous Sample Society post, Allure finally broke off from Beautybar.com to do their beauty box on their own. Here I have my very first one. Off the bat, the box doesn't seem much different from Sample Society. The packaging and booklet is basically the same and it costs the same as well. The only noticeable differences are we no longer receive the $10 beautybar coupon and there is no referral link.

Let's take a look:


The Haul!

1. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer:
Sample Sized at 1 oz., Approx. $3.20. Full Size Listed at 8.5 oz. for $27.00

Significantly larger than the last Sample Society Bumble and Bumble product, I'm interested in giving this a shot. It smells awesome and seems really useful. Nice start.



2. Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50:
Sample Sized at .5 oz., Approx. $4.12. Full Sized Listed at 3.4 oz for $28.00

For all the years of beauty boxing, I have some how been able to avoid supergoop up until this month- where I got two items. Like I stated in my July Birchbox unboxing - I'm interested in trying this stuff. But, I'm not really going to go out and spend $30/$40 on sunscreen...



3. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Synchronized Complex II:
Sample Sized at .14 oz., Approx. $18.00. Full Sized Listed at .5 oz. for $65.00.

WOW! An $18 sample? I can dig that. However, I think I've enough of Estee Lauder eye stuff in any Allure beauty box. I want to try some NEW stuff!





4. Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray:
Sample Sized at 1.4 oz., Approx. $7.00. Full Sized Listed at 5 oz. for $25.00

Although this is supposed to be a "new" box- I'm not seeing anything really new. This would technically be the 3rd time I received an Oscar Blandi from Allure and I still haven't gotten rid of or used the first two!! UGH!!




5. Invisibobble Hair Ties:
$8.00 for a set of 3

I think these are really cool! I'm constantly losing hair things and I will take as many as I can get. They look like old school telephone chords. I can dig it!

6. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Infinite Daring Length + Volume Mascara in Black:
Sample Size unknown, Approximating $10.00 value 

I just mentioned above that I'm getting sick of getting the same things from Allure. But two have two items from the same company in one box is pushing it for me. Meh




 
 The Final Verdict!
Box Value: Approx $50.00?
 Box Score: 7/10

Final Thoughts:  Lots of products, crazy high value, stuff I'll actually use. The only problem I see is such repetitive companies and products. I hope for more originality in the future.

What did you think of the first Allure Beauty Box?

No comments:

Post a Comment