Saturday, December 13, 2014

Beauty Boxers! At a loss for Holiday Presents? DIY a Beauty Box!

With the holidays quickly approaching, many of you may feel at a loss for what to get certain loved ones.

If you're a beauty boxer, one of simplest ways to make your life easier is to curate your own personal baskets as gifts.

Personally, I have received quite the plethora of beauty products from my boxes this year that, although wonderful, are not quite right for me. I have a large box in my office space that I keep all the items together in. These products tend to be perfect gifts for others and won't break the bank.

This year, I decided to make my mom and sister personalized Beauty Baskets with items I know that they'll really like. I am also going to be giving them the baskets at the same time- so they'll be able to swap items if they want. Here are my baskets:



Want to make your own baskets? Here are some tips:

1. Opt for 5-25 items! Depending on the person and the gift size. The baskets above have 22-23 items. But, if you just want to create a supplemental gift or a stocking stuffer, 5-7 items should be fine!

2. Pick a nice variety of products! Unless you want to create a theme, such as focusing on eye products, make sure that you provide a nice variety of brands and beauty products and tools. It may seem a bit haphazard to provide 4 mascaras and 1 random lip gloss.

3. Personalize it! I tried to provide items that I know both my sister and mother love in each basket. For example, my sister uses fake lashes a lot, so I provided her a nice pair. On the other hand, my mother loves anything French and red lipstick, so I provided her a LOT of items from my L'Occitane Occibox!

4. Package it! Now, I chose to use baskets for my gifts. But, there are SO many ways to package these gifts in a unique and beautiful way. I had originally envisioned recycling and using some of my older, black Sample Society boxes and decorating them with Decorative Drawer Liners. But, I started adding too many items! You can also package the items in a Make Up bag, like Ipsy does. Or in a Christmas bag or stocking. The packaging supplies cost me about $15 for the baskets, cellophane bags, ribbon, and padding.


5. Finally, if you don't subscribe to many (or any!) beauty boxes, a great way to make a gift like this is picking out items from a variety of places including drug stores, gift with purchases, and when you're stuck at line at Sephora and eyeballing everything at checkout. You can always include different pieces of costume jewelry, snacks, and other gifts as well!

Are you making a Beauty Box for anyone this year? Feel free to share yours and your tips in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment