Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Unboxing! Ipsy Glam Bag December 2014: Thinking of You- Inspiring Original!

What it is: Ipsy Glam Bag
Where to get it: Ipsy.com
How much is it?: $10.00 monthly + tax
Types of Products: Skin, hair, body, and beauty products and make up.
What are the Perks?!: By reviewing items and sharing Ipsy info on Facebook, rack up Ipsy points to redeem for free beauty products.

My Ipsy December Glam Bag that I was INSANELY excited about has FINALLY arrived! Without further ado...

Ipsy Glam Bag December 2014: Thinking of You- 

Inspiring Original 

Unboxing and Review!

There was a whole lot of buzz around Ipsy's December 2014 Glam Bag. Some crazy spoilers and a lot of guessing games. That totally added to my excitement for my Glam Bag and rightfully so. Let's take a look...

Upon Opening:


The Bag:

My bag was kind of smushed. But, it's adorable, classic looking, and will definitely be used!



The Haul!

1. Bumble and bumble Repair Blow Dry Cream:
Sample Sized at .5 oz (Approx $3). Full Sized listed at 5 oz for $30.00

My hair is SO damaged from dying and styling. So, I will always invite a new repair cream into my life- especially a heat protection one. I've actually never had to actually buy full bottles of any hair repair items because these samples go a LONG way. It smells great and is a substantial size sample- you just need a TINY bit. Love it!



2. Cailyn Cosmetics Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid:
FULL SIZED! 2.5 g listed at $15.00!

THIS was what I've been waiting for from the spoiler! I was SO excited to try this shadow and was amazed I actually got it in my bag. Ipsy has gotten me addicted to Cailyn. I was a bit worried when I opened my Glam Bag and the shadow seemed a little bit darker than what I expected. But, it swatches a bit lighter. It is incredibly smooth, pigmented, and freaking STAYS IN PLACE! The packaging and applicator are fantastic. I'm even more in love with this bag. I think it will go VERY well with my new Vasanti Kajal Rose-Gold Liner!



3. Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream:
I have NO idea how much the full sized product is- as I can't find it. I will approx the .5 oz sample at $3.00

This sample I'm not too keen on. I do really like Nourish Organics. But, I probably won't use this eye cream and although I appreciate a preview of items- I can't understand why I can't find more info on this...?



4. NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in Parfait:
FULL SIZED! Listed at 4g for $4.00

I was really worried about this lip gloss. I didn't care for a lot of the colors Ipsy was releasing in the bags. However, I feel I lucked out with Parfait. It is a VERY sheer pink. The balm has a very nice texture and scent and goes on nicely. Thank you Ipsy for NOT sending me another useless red and electric pink lip item. Thank you!



5. Tarte Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara:
Sample Sized at .1m oz (Approx $8). Full Size listed at .24 oz for $20

This was the only throw away for me. I appreciate that people really like Tarte and this mascara. I have tried it before and had a full sized years ago. And, hated it. Such is life. But, many people do like it and I think it is a great addition for the Glam Bag.



The Final Verdict!

Box Value: Approx $33.00- not bad
 Box Score: 8/10

Final Thoughts: I really think Ipsy did well with this bag. They had a great selection this month and awesome variety of items. I'm not really going to use the mascara (PLEASE STOP SEND ME MASCARA!) or the eye cream. But, I LOVE the other products I received! Good show Ipsy!








No comments:

Post a Comment