Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Unboxing! My first GlossyBox November 2014!

What it is: GlossyBox is a monthly luxury beauty subscription box.
Where to get it: GlossyBox.com
How much is it?: $21.00 + tax monthly
Types of Products: Each box contains 5 luxury deluxe or full sized beauty products.
What are the Perks?!: Write reviews, refer friends, and take surveys to add up GlossyDots. 1000 GlossyDots earns you a free month of GlossyBox!

Yay! My first GlossyBox finally came! I know that GlossyBox has been getting a LOT of heat for sending out their boxes so late. But, since I am getting the box around the time I get my other boxes, I am just looking at it like they're a month behind. Basically, I'm not even mad and won't let myself get worked up about it. Maybe I'm old school- but I remember a world of ordering band t-shirts from zines and waiting months upon months to get an item and bidding on Ebay only to have to wait until someone receives and processes a money order then shipping out an item days later to get it. So, I'm a little patient with online ordering in a world of Amazon Prime 2 Day Shipping. Barring this, let's take a look at my very first GlossyBox!


GlossyBox November 2014 Unboxing and Review!


The Box:


Upon Opening:

I cannot get over how gorgeous the GlossyBox packaging is! Everything is so gorgeous and packaged so nicely! Even the actual box and menu inside are really high quality. This would make a gorgeous gift if you aren't on time constraints!





The Haul:

1. Kneipp Herbal Bath Oil in Balancing Lavender:
Sample Size at .67 oz (Approx $4). Full Sized listed at 3.38 oz for $20

Okay GlossyBox, you win! What remains pervasive throughout all my reviews is my very particular love for all things lavender that actually smell like lavender. And this bath oil is absolutely KILLER in that department. In case you were wondering, it has a very strong but natural French Lavender scent. I will definitely be using this and I'm already in love with my first GlossyBox item!



2. 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment:
Sample Size at 1.5 oz. (Approx $5). Full Sized listed at 6 oz for $20

Personally, I am partial to spray in hair treatments and conditioners. To be honest, now that I think about it- I am actually kind of surprised that I don't get them often in any of my beauty boxes. Off the top of my head, I think I got one from Ipsy quite a while ago. But, since I do like them and rarely get them, this is a pleasant surprise. It smells great and I can't wait to try it. 



3. So Susan Cosmetics Universal Blush:
FULL SIZED! Listed at $23.29

Wow! My first full sized item! The blush is a bit dark for me. So, I'm not sure if I am going to be able to use it. But, it's a very nicely sized item and I am happy to see something so substantial in a subscription box. Awesome!



4. OPI Nail Lacquer in Pink Outside The GlossyBox:
FULL SIZED! Listed at $9.50

Haha! I get it. The polish matches the GlossyBox. I'm such a sucker for cheesy things like this that I actually think it's pretty cool. The color is a very soft pink (just like the actual GlossyBox) and I'm already a huge fan of OPI in general. I'll be keeping this item thank you very much!



5. Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defying Moisturizer:
Sample Size at .5 ml (Approx $11). Full Sized listed at 2 oz for $45

I'm not too familiar with Juice Beauty. But, I've been seeing them around a lot. The only other samples I have ever received from them have been so insignificantly tiny. Maybe one or two uses max. This is such a gorgeous sample size and will totally be useful in helping me decide whether I like Juice Beauty or not. Honestly, I feel like this is the type of sample size I need to form an opinion on a product. Awesome!




The Final Verdict!

Box Value: Approx $50

 Box Score: 9/10

Final Thoughts: For my first GlossyBox, I am highly impressed! The packaging was above and beyond many of the other subscription boxes I am familiar with. The number of full sized samples was awesome and even the sample sized items were substantial. They didn't really feel like samples- more like travel sized. I mean, I think that's kind of cool. There was a nice selection of products that ran the gamut of different beauty wants and needs. Besides the late shipping and the fact that I will probably not be able to use the blush- this was an overall awesome first experience with GlossyBox. I look forward to December!



No comments:

Post a Comment